Chapter 37

"Maamu waise Sana ko main maami kab bula paungi?" Ruhika teased Sidharth as they were driving back home.

Sidharth coughed and Shaurya and Ruhika laughed at his reaction.

"Oh please maamu, ab itne innocent bhi mat bano haan. Ab tak toh poore Prayagraj ko pata chal gaya hoga ki Sidharth Kashyap apna dil kisi ko de chuke hai." Ruhika teased again while giggling.

"Zyada nahi bol rahi tu Ruhi?" Sidharth said trying to hide his blush and act angry.

"Such a dramebaaz you are maamu. Mann mein toh laddoo phoot rahe hai and acting full angry young man wali. I know you're a softy maamu, mujhse nahi chupa paoge." Ruhika leaned towards Sidharth's seat and pulled his cheeks.

"Abbey samjha teri beti ko." Sidharth pleaded to Shaurya.

"Aaj tak iski Maa ko nahi samjha paaya main, beti ko kya samjhau?" Shaurya sighed.

"Waise meri beti kuch galat toh bol nahi rahi. Uske saamne toh chehre ka noor hi alag hota hai janab ka." Shaurya teased.

"Abbey yaar tu bhi shuru hogaya." Sidharth said.

"Arre maamu jaan, iqraar-e-ishq kar bhi lijiye." Ruhika teased further making Shaurya chuckle.

"Beti bigad rahi hai teri Shaurya aur tu hass raha hai." Sidharth said trying to change the topic.

"Beta, bigdon ko sudhaar de waisi beti hai meri." said the proud father Shaurya.

"Dad aap bhi itne fattu the kya? Maama jaise?" Ruhika inquired.

"Nn... nahi toh... main toh ekdum confidently gaya tha Avni ko batane that I love her." Shaurya  tried to hide his nervousness remembering those day. It was another thing to advice someone to confess their feelings but actually getting to do it was a completely different ballgame.

"Chal jhootha. Avni se fatt jaati thi teri." Sidharth teased.

"Abhi kaunsi kum fatt ti hai maamu." Ruhika added taking a dig at her father.

"Oye. You're still a kid. Tu sahi bol raha tha Sidharth. Beti bigad rahi hai. I'm going to reduce your screen time." Shaurya said a little embarrassed.

"Waah beta apne pe aayi toh 360° change. Sahi hai, sahi hai." Sidharth chuckled.

"Paaaaaa... I was just joking naa. Yeh kya baat hui? We had decided naa." Ruhika whined.

"We had decided to take your beloved maamu's case. There was no discussion about you taking my case." Shaurya argued.

"Dono ki mili bhagat thi? Sharam karo sharam." Sidharth said while Shaurya and Ruhika bit their tongue.

The rest of the ride Sidharth was thinking about Shehnaaz. Yes, he felt for her. He was very sure about that. But what worried him was her reaction to his confession. What if she did not reciprocate his feelings? Or worse, what if she decided to distance herself from him? No no, he couldn't let that happen, he thought as he nervously tapped the steering wheel with his fingers while driving.

"Oye, why are you stressing out buddy? It's okay if you don't want to tell her now. Take your time. Don't rush into it just because hum sab over excited hai tere liye. We know she's important for you and you'd want to be confident before you disclose your feelings to her. So aaram se aage badha baat ko. Go as per the pace you are comfortable with." Shaurya spoke and gave him a warm smile with a pat on his shoulder.

Sidharth nodded with a smile. He was glad he was surrounded by people who understood him so well. Shaurya had always been a great friend and more like a brother for him. He had guided him and had been a very strong support system for the family throughout.