Chapter 49

Shehnaaz was continuously shifting in bed. She kept on fluffing up her pillow but somehow she just couldn't sleep. She knew what she was missing. She was frustrated with the fact that she was so addicted to being wrapped in Sidharth's arms.

"Bol ke toh aa gayi usko wahan pe sone ke liye par ab khud hi nahi so paa rahi." Shehnaaz mumbled. Yes, she was missing him. She missed snuggling into him and feeling protected in his arms. She missed his warmth. She missed her cocoon. She sighed and dug her face into the pillow. She lay there, head down, waiting for sleep to consume her.

A few minutes later, she felt some weight on her bed and stiffened. Before she could think or react, she was pulled by a pair of extremely strong arms and her face landed on something really hard. She gasped, fearing the presence of an intruder, but relaxed when she felt the familiar touch and the warmth his body provided.

"Tu pagal hai? Aise kaun daraata hai?" Shehnaaz  asked, hitting his arm. Her heart was still beating fast. Sidharth chuckled.

"Aur bol mujhe door rehne ko." Sidharth replied. Shehnaaz glared at him.

"Tu aaya kaise andar?" Shehnaaz asked.

"Tere ghar ki chaabi ka ek set mere paas hai, remember baby?" Sidharth asked. Sidharth saw a number of expressions on Shehnaaz's face as realization hit her. She went from surprised to feeling stupid in seconds, followed by a sad little pout and then her face was covered with worry.

"Par Sidharth tujhe aane se mana kiya tha naa maine? Aunty yaa Daadi ko pata chala ki tu ghar pe nahi hai toh unko tension hogi naa? Aur fir pata chala ki tu idhar hai toh siyappa." Shehnaaz said.

"Kuch nahi hoga. Tu muh band kar aur so jaa. Mujhe achi wali neend chahiye so I needed you next to me. Aur aise act mat karna ki tujhe farak nahi padta. Dekha maine kaise sone ki koshish kar rahi thi tu. Toh ab chup chaap, bina argue kiye so jaa." Sidharth said and pulled her closer. Shehnaaz sighed. She couldn't deny the fact that she herself wanted to sleep in his arms and she was glad that he was here. She pushed all her thoughts aside and decided to just be happy about the fact that he was here and enjoy his presence.

Shehnaaz snuggled closer to him, making him smile. He kissed her forehead. Shehnaaz's hands moved to the back of his neck, playing with his hair and lulling him to sleep.

***

Daadi was sitting in the balcony sipping her cup of tea when she saw Sidharth and Shehnaaz returning back to the complex after their morning jog. Daadi was a little surprised. She had been awake since 6:00 am and she had not seen Sidharth move out of his room. She quickly moved to his room and opened the door to see the bed completely untouched. Daadi knew Sidharth very well and it was very unlikely of him to make his own bed, leave aside making his bed early in the morning before going for a jog.

Daadi smiled to herself and decided to find out what was going on. The way Sidharth and Shehnaaz had been behaving since yesterday had already made her doubt their relationship status and this had definitely added to it. There was definitely more to it than what met the eye. The relationship dynamics had changed from what it was at the time when they were in Allahabad. The changes were noticeable. There was no hesitation between them. They seemed to be a lot closer now. And she suspected that they were dating. Daadi was extremely fond of watching C.I.D. on television and she felt thrilled thinking that this was her opportunity to investigate and find out the truth.

"Kuch toh gadbad hai Daya!" Daadi said rubbing her index finger and thumb of her right hand over her chin and chuckled at herself. She closed the door to Sidharth's room and walked into the living room and seated herself on the couch.

A few minutes later, Sidharth entered the house. Daadi observed him keenly and saw him hang two sets of keys on the key holder. She smirked and mentally patted herself for her observation skills. "Iss umar mein bhi humari aankhein bahut tez hai." she thought to herself.