Chapter 50

The Kashyap household had come to life with lots of jokes, leg pulling and stories. It was Friday evening and Avni and Shaurya had flown down to spend the weekend with the family. Daadi had already apprised Avni of her findings and Avni had decided to help further.

They were all done with dinner and had decided to catch up while sipping on some adrak wali chai.

"Shehnaaz aaj raat idhar hi ruk jaa. Gappe maarenge poori raat." Avni said.

Shehnaaz smiled but then looked at Sidharth who shook his head indicating her to decline the offer. Shehnaaz frowned looking at him.

"Umm nahi Avni woh kisi aur din. Aaj nahi rakhte plan." She spoke while shooting daggers at Sidharth.

"Arre kya problem hai? Reh jaa naa. Main thodehi roz roz hoti hoon idhar." Avni said.

"Haan Avni par..." Shehnaaz couldn't complete as Avni spoke again. "Daadi aap hi bolo naa Shehnaaz ko ki woh aaj ruk jaaye idhar hi."

"Ruk jaiye naa Shehnaaz. Sab hai idhar toh acha lagega." Daadi smiled at Shehnaaz and smirked internally looking at Sidharth's face.

"Mere liye ruk jaa yaar please." Avni insisted and Shehnaaz finally gave in. She sighed and then nodded with a smile. And now it was Sidharth's turn to frown.

"Chal Shehnaaz hum room mein chalte hai. Shaurya Sidharth ke kamre mein so jaayega. Ruhi baba go and sleep with Maa and Daadi." Avni started managing the sleeping arrangement.

"No yaar mom. I want to be with Sanu. Mujhe nahi sona hai aaj. Main bhi gappe maarungi." Ruhika said.

"Ruhi." Avni said sternly.

"Mom please yaar. We'll play some girl games. Please naa." Ruhika insisted.

"Fine." Avni sighed and Ruhika did a happy dance. Shehnaaz laughed looking at her and then her laughter died when she looked towards Sidharth. He was still frowning. He picked up the television remote and started flipping channels and finally settled to watch some news. Shaurya joined him. Maa and Daadi had already retired for the night and Avni and Shehnaaz moved to clear the kitchen.

"Avni main ghar jaa ke change karke aati hoon thodi der mein." Shehnaaz said once they were done clearing everything.

"Theek hai. Jaldi aa jaa. Room mein hi aa jaana directly." Avni said. Shehnaaz nodded and walked out of the house.

Why are you sulking so much? Kaise mana karti jab itna insist kiya usne?

Shehnaaz typed the message as soon as she was out. She went home and moved to her room to change. She put her phone on charging and went to the washroom.

She freshened up and picked up her phone to check if there was a reply from Sidharth. He had seen the message but had not replied. Shehnaaz was getting irritated with his behavior.

Reply karega? Nahi baat karne se kuch nahi hone wala hai idhar. Tu bata, agar bhai ne itna insist kiya hota ghar pe rukne ke liye toh tu nahi rukta? How am I wrong here?😡

Maine koshish ki naa mana karne ki? But she insisted. Aur tujhe itni problem kyun horahi hai? Don't you want me to be around your family?

Shehnaaz typed two back to back messages frustrated with his behavior. She held the phone in her hand waiting for him to reply. She could see that he was typing and was now getting impatient.

Tujhe hug kiye bina achi neend nahi aati. Tu Avni ke saath soyegi toh how am I supposed to sleep?😞

Shehnaaz instantly had a smile on her face reading the message. She wanted to laugh at this man child she was in love with. Her heart filled with more love for him after reading his message.