Chapter 30

Sidharth was humming a song as he was getting ready for the engagement function.

Kismat ko hai yeh manzoor kya keeje,
Milte rahe hum badastoor kya keeje,
Dil keh raha hai, use musalsal kar bhi aao,
Wo jo ruki si raah baaki hai,
Wo jo ruki si chaah baaki hai...

He smiled thinking about how Shehnaaz was giggling a while back and then scolding him for overeating and spoiling his health. He was excited to see how pretty Shehnaaz would look today. There could be hundreds of women down there in the banquet but he would forever have eyes only for his girl. He blushed at the thought of Shehnaaz being his girl.

Sidharth entered the banquet looking handsome in a well fitted navy blue kurta with a contrasting ivory jacket, his hair set back and a well groomed stubble making him completely drool worthy. It wasn't a surprise that every woman in the banquet was ogling at him as he continued to look at the one woman who owned his heart.

Shehnaaz looked ethereal in a sage green net lehenga with flower sequin buttis and a resham embroidered crop top with a matching net dupatta that had a similar embroidery on the borders. A maang tika adorned her middle partition while her hair was pinned from both sides at the back and left open with soft curles. A few locks lightly falling on her forehead, made her look like a dream. She was happily talking to her friends.

Sidharth started walking towards her. He wanted to compliment her for looking breathtakingly beautiful. He suddenly stopped on his way as he saw a man tap on Shehnaaz's shoulder and Shehnaaz jumping excitedly upon seeing him and them hugging each other like they were long lost lovers who were meeting after ages. Tall, dark and handsome, the man definitely had looks that could make any girl weak in her knees. Sidharth's insides burned. He was unable to tolerate Shehnaaz so close to some random guy. But was he random for her? It didn't look like that. Was he special? Was he important? Did she have someone in her life who was more important than him? Sidharth felt a pang in his heart.

He stood there rooted looking at both of them who were now conversing with each other while the guy still had her hand in his. He felt angry and hurt. The thought of losing her was too much to bear. To think that someone else held more importance in her life felt like someone was poking several knives in his heart. It was oh so painful!

Shehnaaz looked towards Sidharth feeling his gaze on her. She was worried to see Sidharth who looked pained and angry. She was unable to comprehend what was wrong with him. She was about to walk towards him when she saw Monica who came out of nowhere and hugged him. Shehnaaz fisted her hands to control her anger. This woman was getting on her nerves.

"Oh my God Sidharth! You look so handsome." Monica said as she touched his chest seductively. Sidharth suddenly felt better looking at Shehnaaz going red with anger with the way Monica was touching him. It somehow soothed his aching heart to know that his closeness with another woman affected her just like her closeness with another man affected him. Monica pulled him towards her cousins and Rishabh's friends who were seated around one of the round tables in the banquet. If looks could kill, Monica would have been dead by now with the looks Shehnaaz was giving her.

Ayesha was observing both of them from the stage in between the photographs Rishabh and she were getting clicked. Ayesha had shared the entire scene with Rishabh and the photographer had captured some beautiful candid pictures as they laughed over the entire incident. Ayesha looked pretty in a steel blue lehenga with silver work while Rishabh looked dapper in his dark grey sherwani. The stage was beautifully decorated following a blue and white theme with the center of the stage bearing the hashtag #RishGotHisAye.

"In dono pagalon ka kya hoga Rish?" Ayesha asked.

"Kuch naa kuch toh hoga sweetheart. Aaj ke din bas mujh pe concentrate kar le. I promise kal se wapas matchmaking karenge." Rishabh said making Ayesha laugh.