Chapter 42

They didn't realize for how long they had been in each other's arms. It was only when they heard a cracker burst nearby, did they move apart and look at each other. Beautiful smiles graced their face. They looked happy, contented and so in love.

"Neeche chalein?" Sidharth asked and Shehnaaz nodded in response. He held her palm and then pulled her into his arm as they walked towards the steps that led to the floor below from where they had to take the lift.

"Chaabi?" Shehnaaz asked for the house keys once they reached their floor.

"Jaise daali thi waise nikaal le." Sidharth said giving her a naughty smile. Shehnaaz found herself turning red.

"Sidharth bakwas mat kar aur darwaaza khol. Mujhe neend aa rahi hai." Shehnaaz said trying to act normal.

"Mujhe dikh toh nahi rahi hai." Sidharth looked into her eyes and smirked.

"Sidhaaaarth. Stop doing that. Please darwaza khol. I need to pee." Shehnaaz said urgently. Sidharth chuckled and opened the door and Shehnaaz rushed to her room to use the loo.
Sidharth laughed looking at her running to the loo.

"Hass mat kutte. Muh tod dungi tera." Shehnaaz shouted from the loo.

"Abbey toh itni der kyun ruki thi upar?" Sidharth asked while he was still laughing.

"Mujhe realize nahi hua tabhi. Ab bakwas mat kar." Shehnaaz replied back.

"Sunn main paanch minute mein aa raha hoon. You freshen up until then." Sidharth said.

"Kahan jaa raha hai?" Shehnaaz inquired.

"Park mein ghoomne." Sidharth replied. Shehnaaz frowned.

"Tujhe pata hai naa tu bathroom mein hai. I can't see you frowning at me." Sidharth said.

"Haha. Very funny." Shehnaaz said as she walked out of the bathroom.

"I know sweetheart." Sidharth pulled her nose and kissed her forehead. Shehnaaz hugged him and kissed his chest. This was pure bliss. To be in the arms of the person you love and to know that you're equally loved by them.

"Change kar le. Main aaya abhi change karke." Sidharth said placing a kiss on her head and walked out of the house.

***

Shehnaaz was in the balcony, smiling away thinking about how she had decided to not hold back herself anymore and express her feelings to Sidharth. It had taken a lot of courage on her part to let him know that she loved him. She hadn't prayed for him to love her back. She had only prayed for him to always be there with her and never leave her. She had prepared herself for the worst but she was losing herself when Sidharth had not responded. All she wanted to do at that moment was to not let him go away. She would never be able to take that. Losing him would've meant losing herself. She blushed remembering the way Sidharth had shut her up and kissed away her insecurities.

She hugged herself and ran her palms over her arms to comfort herself as it was quite chilly outside. She felt two strong arms wrapping around her and pulling her closer. She gasped for a second but then relaxed once she realized who it was.

"Tu choro ki tarah kyun aaya? Bell nahi baja sakta tha? Mujhe attack aa jaata toh?" Shehnaaz whined.

Sidharth frowned and hit her on her head. "Ghadhi. Kuch bhi bolti hai. Chaabi leke gaya tha. Toh aisehi aa gaya." Sidharth said.

Shehnaaz turned around and hugged him. Sidharth pulled her closer and placed his chin on her head. They fit together perfectly. The smiles refused to leave their face.