The Shredder Strikes Back Part 1

Sunlight shined in through the windows of April's apartment as the sun rose in the distance. While Raph was sleeping on the floor, Mikey slept on the couch, and Donnie slept on top of the couch. Due to the limited space of the apartment, the turtles had to make do with their sleeping arrangements. Which wasn't exactly the best especially when Donnie's foot moves down and ends up in Mikey's face. Forcing him to smell it before he quickly bats Donnie's foot away.

Mikey: *mumbles* "Ugh, jeez, what died"?

Mikey complained in his sleep as he barrier his face into his pillow.

But while they were all sleeping, Master Splinter was peacefully meditating on the easy chair when his attention was suddenly drawn toward the sound of the window opening. Prompting him to open his eyes and address his eldest son.

Splinter: "Your morning training, my son"?

Leo turned to face Master Splinter as the mutant rat got off the easy chair and approached him.

Leo: "Yes, sensei". "While the city's still quiet".

Splinter: "Your discipline is commendable, Leonardo". "Have a good run".

But just as Leo was about to head out...

Splinter: "But I trust you are not thinking of going back to scout the lair alone".

Leo froze in place as he grimaced before he faced Splinter whilst putting on a forced smile as he asked:

Leo: "Why would I do that"? "Just because the sewer tunnels are overrun with Foot ninja, so we're forced to hide here at April's like cowards"?

Splinter was briefly surprised by how aggressive Leo sounded when asking that last question.

Splinter: "You ask a question that is not a question". "If we are to succeed against our foes, we will need to act together as a team, not as rash individuals".

Leo: "I understand, Master Splinter". "I am curious though, with Shredder gone, what are the Foot ninja up to"?

Splinter places a hand on Leo's shoulder as he says:

Splinter: "Patience my son". "I have a feeling we will find out all too soon".

Master Splinter said as he made his way back to his seat. But as he took the time to look back, he saw that Leo was already gone.

Speaking of Leo, he had started his morning exercise and was now running across the rooftops at a steady pace. Normally whenever he went out on these runs, he would feel focused as he gets his adrenaline flowing. But right now, however, his mind was being clouded with thoughts about someone. More specifically, a certain cat Faunus that resides as the 'B' in Team RWBY.

For some time now, Blake Belladonna has been the one clouding almost every thought in his head. He finds himself thinking about her more often than he would normally and every time he sees her, his heart seems to skip a beat and his face feels hot. It was strange. If anything, he would have to believe that he likes her as more than a friend. But...that couldn't possibly be it...could it?

Leo can see that Blake is obviously sensitive to certain subjects. The night he found her crying in an alleyway after her Faunus heritage was revealed being one of them. At that time, he didn't know Blake very well but it was still a shock to find her in such a broken state. He learned more about her that night and it was clear that she was still struggling with her past even after all the time that's passed. But that didn't exactly make her weak. Not at all.

Blake, from what Leo can see is a person with a difficult past but is also caring and honorable despite it all no matter how much she seems to doubt it. She wants to do good in the world and fight for the people, whether they be human or Faunus. She's passionate about what she cares about. Whether that is equality, her friends, or her books. But most of all, she's a remarkable person, she's a trusted and valued friend, and she's beautiful-