Welcome to Beacon

Early one morning, the people of Vale were greeted by the sight of over a dozen Atlesian warships flying above them. However, none were more surprised by the sudden appearance than Professor Ozpin as well as Glynda Goodwitch as they watched multiple ships land on Beacon's bullhead dock from the top of Beacon Tower.

Glynda: "Ironwood certainly loves bringing his work wherever he travels".

Glynda said with a rather irritated tone in her voice.

Ozpin: "Well, running an academy and a military makes him a busy man...but yes, those are a bit of an eyesore".

The beeping from his holo-screen on his desk alerted him to someone requesting to enter his office.

Ozpin: "Come in"

The elevator doors opened, revealing the man in question, General James Ironwood.

Ironwood: "Ozpin"!

Ozpin: "Hello, General".

Ironwood: "Please, drop the formalities".

Ironwood said as both headmasters approached one another and shook hands.

Ironwood: "It's been too long".

Ozpin simply nodded in agreement before James suddenly noticed Glynda's presence.

Ironwood: "And Glynda"! "It has certainly been too long since we last met".

Glynda: "Oh, James"!

She greeted the general whilst giving a wave before she looked to Ozpin and dropped the pleasantries as she said:

Glynda: "I'll be outside".

And with that she walked away, leaving Ironwood alone with Ozpin in the office.

Ironwood: "Well, she hasn't changed a bit".

Ozpin: "So, what in the world has brought you all the way down from Atlas"?

Asks Ozpin as he walks over to his desk and pours some coffee into a mug. It was certainly strange for James Ironwood to suddenly come to Vale with his army along with the students from Atlas Academy since...

Ozpin: "Headmasters don't typically travel with their students, for the Vytal Festival".

Ironwood takes the mug from Ozpin before taking out his canteen from his coat pocket and pouring the contents into the mug.

Ironwood: "Well, you know how much I love Vale this time of year". "Besides, with you hosting, I thought that this might be a good opportunity for us to catch up".

Visiting friends was all well and good, but Ozpin could very much see that this wasn't as simple as that.

Ozpin: "I can certainly appreciate the quality time between friends, however, a small fleet outside my window has me concerned".

Ozpin said as he poured himself a cup of coffee.

Ironwood: "Well, concern is what brought them here".

Ozpin: "I understand that travel between kingdoms has become increasingly difficult".

Ironwood: "Oz, you and I both know why I brought those men".

There it was...he was afraid this was the case...

Ozpin took a sip of his coffee before sighed before he set his mug down on his desk.

Ozpin: "We are in a time of peace". "Shows of power like this are just going to give off the wrong impression".

Ironwood: "But if what Qrow said about the queen having pawns is true..."