Burning Blues

Ruby Rose was feeling glum and that was all that needed to be said. And why wouldn't she be feeling this way? Blake has actively avoided everything that had to do with the dance and she has also made it a point that she was not going. Which in turn led to Ruby's current state of mind as she sat at a table slumped down.

However, she was startled out of her thoughts when Weiss suddenly slammed her hands on the table.

Weiss: "I need you to pick a tablecloth".

Says Weiss as she slid two pieces of cloth to Ruby to let her choose. And she would've...if both pieces of cloth weren't colored so similarly that it looked as though there wasn't any difference between the two.

Ruby: "Aren't they both the same"?

Weiss: *sighs* "I don't even know why I asked"!

Weiss complained before walking away to continue her work. Walking past Yang who was carrying a massive speaker on her shoulder which she gently set down. But apparently not gentle enough as the moment she set the thing down, Ruby, along with the chair she was sitting in and the table she was resting her head on, bounced off the ground for a moment.

Yang brushed her hands as she turned her attention to her moping sister.

Yang: "So, have you picked out a dress yet"?

Ruby: "What's the point"? "Who cares about the dance if Blake isn't going"?

For a brief moment, Yang's smile dropped but was quickly put back on before Ruby could notice.

Yang: "I'm sure that we can get her to come around...somehow".

Ruby: "Oh"? "And how are we supposed to do that"? "Everything we've done so far has failed miserably".

Yang: "Uh...well..."

Before Yang could answer Ruby's question, she became distracted by what Weiss was doing and became exasperated by what she was setting on the tables.

Yang: "Weiss"! "I thought we agreed"! "No doilies"!

In response to this, Weiss marched right up to Yang and pointed a finger in her face.

Weiss: "If I don't get doilies, you don't get fog machines"!

Before an argument could ensue, their attention was drawn toward the sound of doors opening and when they turned, they saw that it was Sun and Neptune who entered.

Neptune: "Your dance is gonna have fog machines"?

Weiss stepped up to Neptune and spoke sweetly while answering his question.

Weiss: "We were thinking about it..."

Neptune: "That's pretty cool".

The moment was ruined when Sun entered the conversation acting suave, much to Weiss' annoyance.

Sun: "You ladies all excited for dress-up"?

Ruby: "Pfft...yeah, right"!

Yang: "Laugh all you want". "I'll be turning heads tomorrow night".

Weiss: "What are you two wearing"?

Sun: "Uuhhh...*gestures to his current outfit* this"?

Neptune quickly steps up and held his hand in front of Sun's face.

Neptune: "Ignore him for he knows not what he says".

Sun quickly pushes his hand away.

Sun: "Hey, I may have moved to Mistral, but I grew up in Vacuo". "It's not exactly a shirt-and-tie kind of place".