Chapter 20

"You are my sunshine. My only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are grey..."

-Louis-

"We are running out of toilet paper," Harry says, out of the blue, as we are cuddled up on the couch watching a movie. I sit up and look at him. "Seriously?" I ask and he shrugs. "What? We need the necessities in a flat," he says and I shake my head, a small smile on my face.

"I gotta go get some from the store, along with some other stuff," he mumbles and I kiss his cheek. "Okay," I say and his eyes wash over my face. "Do you want to come?" He asks and I quickly shake my head. "I can't go out right now," I say and he frowns, cupping my face with his hand.

"Promise me you won't do anything?" He asks softly and I nod. "I promise," I say and he gives me a small smile. "Okay, I'll be back soon," he kisses me once again and is standing up off the couch. He grabs his keys and is out the door, calling out another goodbye.

I chuckle to myself at him and wonder how such a dork is with me. I shake my head and turn off the movie. I wasn't interested in it anyways.

My mind drifts back to this mornings events and I blush. I stand up off the couch and I go upstairs to Harry's room. It's cold in his flat, and I need another sweater.

I open up his closet and I spot a familiar purple sweatshirt on the top shelf, above the rack of hanging clothes.

I stand up on my tip toes and I feel my fingers grasp the soft purple cloth. I gently pull and yelp out as a pile of stuff, including the sweatshirt falls down off the shelf.

I groan as I hold the sweatshirt in one hand and look at the stuff that is now littering the floor. I sigh as I pull the Jack Wills sweatshirt over my head and I bend down to the floor, picking up the random things.

My hand stops as I see an envelope sitting on the floor, next to a pack of cards that fell off the shelf.

I turn the envelope over and my breath hitches as I see the familiar print, writing out my name.

Louis Tomlinson

I read the name out loud and I leave the envelope on the floor as I grab everything else and shove it back on top of the shelf.

I shut his closet and I snatch the envelope off the floor, moving to sit on the bed. I let my legs dangle off the side as I inspect the unopened envelope addressed to me.

I trace the writing with my finger, easily recognizing it as Harry's, and I slowly turn the envelope around. I slide my finger under the seal and flip open the envelope flap. There's a letter inside and I slowly grip it, sliding it out and setting the envelope next to me on the bed.

I open up the tri-folded letter and I let my eyes start reading Harry's fine writing.

Dear Louis,

If you are reading this, then you probably have found it next to me. I don't actually know why I'm writing this, as it's cliché, but you know I can't help it.

I know you might be crying while reading this, because I'm dead. Right now, as I'm writing this I mean, I don't actually know how I'm going to do it. Maybe I'll just cut too deep one day. Or maybe I'll overdose, but either way, I'll be gone, and you'll still be here.

I stop reading as I feel the tears prick my eyes. I know what this is. It's a suicide letter. It's a fucking suicide letter, written by Harry.

I feel the tears fall down my cheeks and I wipe them away, just to have more fall. I take a deep breath and I continue reading.