Chapter 34

"This is falling in love in the cruelest way. This is falling for you when you are worlds away..."

A/N: should louis wake up?

-Harry-

I wipe my tears as I stare down at the broken boy lying in the bed. "You don't deserve this. Why am I such an asshole. This is all my fault," I mutter to myself as I stroke his hand with my thumb.

"I'm so sorry, baby. I didn't mean what I said, you know. I just-god, please wake up," I say, feeling the tears fill my eyes again.

I sigh, getting no response and I lay my head next to his body, still gripping his hand.

"Please don't die," I whisper brokenly, my voice cracking, and I break again. "You can't die! You can't leave me alone! I don't care how fucking selfish I sound, you can't leave me! I-I love you so much," I sob into his hand and I let out my anger with myself through my words.

"I love you, Boo, don't leave me," I am whispering again and I close my eyes, letting myself rest for a few minutes.

-

"Mr. Styles, visiting hours are over, so I'm going to have to ask you to leave," the nurse tells me, the same one who took my blood.

I look between her and Louis and I grip his hand tighter. I'm not leaving his side until he wakes up.

"I'm not leaving 'till he wakes up," I state and the nurse sighs, looking up at the ceiling and bites her lip.

"You have to leave. It's kind of regulations," she says, looking back at me. "Please, I'll pay extra, do anything, just please let me stay," I plead with her.

She sighs and rolls her eyes before sending me a smile. "Alright, just don't make a big deal about it, and then people won't question it," she says, giving in and my face widens into a smile.

"Thank you so much-uh-what was your name?" I ask, realizing I never got her name. "Sadie, you can call me Sadie," she says, holding out her hand. I send her a wide smile and shake her hand.

"Well hello Sadie, I'm Harry," I say and she chuckles. "I know," she says, letting her hand drop back down to her side as she continues moving around the room, checking the different machines hooked up to Louis.

"Oh right, I kind of...forget, you know?" I mutter and she nods. "Yeah, I get you, I mean, not that I've been in your situation, but I understand where you are coming from," she says and I sigh.

"It sucks sometimes," I say and she frowns. "Can't do the things you want to do. Can't say the things you want to say. Can't date the people you want to date," I mutter the last part sadly, letting my gaze drift to Louis as I squeeze his hand.

"So you two are dating," she says, giving me a small smile to let me know she is okay with it. "Yeah, I mean, I don't think normal friends would donate three pints of blood and then refuse to leave their side until they wake up, holding their hand the entire time," I say, giving a small laugh and she chuckles.

"Of course, it happened to me," she says and I look at her curiously. "What do you mean?" I ask and she smiles, shaking her head.

"I donated blood for my husband and stayed by his side the whole time, waiting for him to wake up. He had gotten into a car crash, drunk driver, hit and run," she says sadly and I stand up, walking over to her and giving her a hug.

"He made it, though. He woke up after three days and it was one of the most relieved moments of my life," she says, wiping her eyes and I smile, reaching my hand out to wipe the tears from her eyes.