Chapter XVI - Teaming Up

"Normal Speech."

'Normal Thought.'

"Demon Speech."

'Demon Thought.'

"Other Speech variants."

Location/Time.

-X- Line Break -X-

Wednesday 8th, April, 12:10.

New Jersey,

Gotham City

Gotham Heights.

It took him longer than he would have liked to admit to finally realise that fighting through the flow of the crowd was not the only way to get to his destination. And then, it took him just as long to push his way into an alleyway before he could finally start climbing to the roof and move that way.

Gotham Heights was perfect for this kind of movement.

The attached buildings made for perfect movement across the roofs and the gaps that seperated those few buildings apart were only small meaning that he managed to make it to the source of the gunfire relatively quickly.

Still after the embarrassing trip came to an end, Naruto came to a stop on the roof overlooking the junction to see what was going on. Police cars had formed a barricade on the north and east junctions no doubt to contain the incident, but that had failed spectacularly.

For in the centre of the four way junction, police and civilians were engaged in a huge battle. Civilians and police were hitting not just one another, but their own comrades as well. What had probably started off as a confrontation between police and rioters – something he hadn't even heard anything about – had turned into a huge Battle Royale.

Again gun shots were heard as those carrying guns unloaded them without a care into both police and civilians.

Ducking down behind the wall, Naruto thought over a plan on what to do. A brawl like this should have attracted the attention of Batman or his sidekicks so the fact they weren't here meant they were either busy with similar situations, or they just didn't care. Despite his misgivings on Gotham's heroes, he didn't think it was the latter and so it was probably the former.

Which meant that it was probably a planned attacked, it was too staged for it to be pure coincidence so someone had set this up.

Still, it seemed like he would be getting involved again. This time as Naruto, he could blend into that crowd of people and act like he was a part of whatever was going while also minimising casualties as best as he could.

With that in mind, Naruto rose to his feet and went to start climbing down the side of the building only for a hand to grip his shoulder and drag him back behind the wall. Turning around he saw Batgirl crouching beside him and he glared at her.

"What are you doing?" He snapped making Batgirl blink at his tone before shaking her head.

"I should be asking you that question." She replied and Naruto scoffed, like she had any right to tell him what he could and couldn't do. "You shouldn't be here, it's not safe."

"Not safe for me, but it is for you, right?" Batgirl didn't say anything, just staring straight at him, her eyes narrowed slightly. He knew what she was trying to do, she was trying to make him back down using intimidation and it would have probably worked, if he found her scary that was. Unluckily for her, whoever she was behind that mask, didn't scare him at all. "Whatever." He scoffed and went to go down the building again only to be stopped once more.