Chapter one: Sorting

Start from the beginning

She believed she wasn't like them. Of course she didn't think Slytherins weren't bad, but she thought it was the fact that her father, who was a Slytherin, turned out horrible. And the least she wanted was to turn out just like him.

She tried to be as much opposite as Slytherin as she could, she often tried to suppress that side of her. She never wanted to become something she didn't want. However, there was a still highly percent chance she would get into Slytherin. And she absolutely dreaded it.

***

After a bit of the train ride, Elaine decided to go change into her robes as she would be arriving soon. She couldn't change in the compartment since her new friend Robin, was fast asleep and she wouldn't want him waking up while she was changing.

She grabbed her robe and started walking out looking at the ground, when she bumped into a tall figure. Her robes fell and she looked up at what she bumped into.

She bumped into a tall boy with pale skin and striking blonde hair which you could spot from a mile away. "Watch where you're going idio-" the boy was saying, but suddenly stopped when he looked at Elaine.

He hit his friends that were besides him to stop laughing and his face went into surprise. "wow your a pretty little thing i've never seen around. are you new?" The boy said with an amused face.

"yeah i'm a transfer student from Durmstrang. I'm going into my 4th year" Elaine said looking down at the boy. "Well let me help you with your robes" the boy said picking up her robes and handing them to her.

"I'm Draco. Draco Malfoy" He said to her with a smirk arising. "Elaine. Elaine Snape" she said finally looking up. "Proffesor Snapes daughter huh?" Draco said while Elaine lightly nodded.

"Well i'll see you around Elaine" Draco said finally leaving with his friends. Out of the corner of her eye she saw the boy laughing. She knew who he was. A Malfoy.

She's heard that they are incompetent idiots who think their better than everybody for simply being "pureblood". She knew better than to associate herself with those people. Especially since they were previous followers of Voldemort.

She decided to ignore it and go to where she was supposed to go, the bathroom. As she was almost there, She passed a compartment.

Inside it, was Harry Potter. She had been dreading this. How could she look him in the eye. How could she knowing her father killed his parents. She made brief eye contact with him.

He looked at her. She reminded Harry of someone. But who? He didn't have enough time to look at her since she quickly passed through.

***
The train soon came to a stop, and she woke up the boy next to her in a hurry. The boy quickly changed and unfortunately, Elaine had to come out of the train without her friend.

She was led to some carriages unfortunately for her, She wouldn't get the experience of riding the boats as a first year.

The carriages had an extremely particular animal carrying them. Elaine walked up to the creature and started petting its head. Everyone around her looked at her crazy.

"Their called Thestras, they're quite extraordinary creatures" A girl with bright blonde hair walked up to Elaine. Elaine looked intrigued. "They're beautiful" Elaine said.

"You can only see them if you have seen death" The girl said which send shivers down Elaines spine. The girl noticed this and said "don't worry i won't ask such personal question" she said which relaxed Elaine.