Jungkook

I sighed nth time today while flipping the pages of my book. The teacher was teaching something, the students were writing something but here I was doing nothing except sighing.

It's been four days since Jin moved out of our house. The house where we shared most of our memorable moments. I didn't know how he could leave me, leave the house. But I guess he was happy.

I could tell just by looking at him. He was looking beautiful everyday. And here I was having sleepless nights and had eye bags under my eyes.

It was not new for me. It's been like that since Jin started to date Taehyung. But I knew I can't have him. Not in this life.

I didn't want to ruin what he has with Taehyung. He was looking happy. My heart felt solace whenever I looked at him laughing, giggling and smiling for Taehyung. I should give up my hope on him.

The least I could do as a best friend is supporting him. And that's what I was doing. I was happy for them. I finally had to move on from Jin. But it would be difficult for me. I will do it for the sake of Jin's happiness. I don't want to have an awkward relationship with him. We were friends and will always be.

"gkook. Jungkook?" I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard my name. I blinked few times and turned my attention to my teacher. I got up and bowed an apology for not paying attention to him.

"You ready to present your project?" I widened my eyes when he said about the project. The last few days I had been with Jimin trying to distract myself from Jin. I didn't use him as a rebound or something. We were good friends, and this project kind of brought me closer to him more.

I looked at Jimin's table only to find it empty. I frowned by his absence.

"What's wrong with him?"

 I thought to myself. I looked at my cher again when I heard him clearing his throat.

"Cher, my project partner is absent. I will present with him tomorrow." I apologized to him.

"Alright, who is ready now?" I was glad he didn't make this as an issue. I looked at Jimin's empty seat once again and wondered what happened to him.

He never like to miss classes. I decided to meet him after school.

"Maybe I can visit his house." I said to myself and was waiting for the school to get over.

--

I pressed the door bell waiting for Jimin outside his house. I never knew where he lived, since he always refused to say. Now I could tell why he felt uncomfortable with sharing his address.

His house was located far from school, and it was also small compared to his neighbor's. I asked Taehyung before leaving school. Jin and I didn't have much awkwardness between us. I guess since we were always together, I depended on him more.

I was waiting patiently outside Jimin's house after ringing again. I heard some movements, more of like something broken. I straightened and smile a little when I saw the door knob twisting.

My smile faded once I saw Jimin's face. He had bruises all over his face, and his hair was messy. I looked behind him to see his house. It was all messy and things were shattered everywhere.

"J-Jungkook?" I saw his eyes widening in shock. I could tell he wasn't pleased to see me. Before I could ask what's wrong he flinched in pain when something hit his head.

"F-Father, it's my friend. My school mate." Jimin rushed inside his house. I didn't know if I should get inside or wait for him outside. But when I heard Jimin sobbing loudly, I decided to get inside.

I heard Jimin's cries, coming from one room. I ran inside only to get shocked even more.

A man around fifties was on his wheel chair struggling to get down. I saw Jimin helping him to get to his bed. I rushed over him, and immediately closed my nose when I smelt the reeking of alcohol.

I looked around to see drink bottles shattered everywhere. And some where empty while some were broken.

"Father, please sleep." I came to reality when I heard Jimin's sweet voice. But the guy whom he called father was yanking Jimin's hair back, and cursing vulgar words.

"You slut.  Who's this? You became a whore to earn money. I told you I don't need any treatment." I was surprised to hear such harsh words coming from his own father. I saw Jimin struggling to get out of his grip.

"You, leave him alone." I shoved his hands away from Jimin's hair, and saw him sobbing loudly. Jimin immediately went to his father and whispered sweet words. I looked at Jimin in disbelief when he looked at me with puppy eyes.

"J-Jungkook, please wait outside. I will come."

"But Jimin, he i-"

"Please." He cut me off. I gave up by sighing. I had no rights to say anything on his life or about his father. I kicked the bottle that was one my way and stormed out of the room with furious.

How could be so cool when his father is hurting him?