Trust Issues (Jerome POV)

Jerome Khalil Jackson

I'm 23 years old, in college to become a Physical Educational teacher if me getting drafted into the league doesn't work out. Not to be cocky but I'm a beast on the basketball court. I'm black, 6'5 in height 193 pounds; I'm what you call light skin, hair cut with waves.

I have an older brother name Jeremy he's 26, I don't see him often he moved out when he was 18 that's also when my pops died. I have a little sister that's still in high school her name Justycee and she think she grown cause she 18. I'm also a drug dealer not many people know my mama don't even know and she's my heart. Her name is Jocelyn. I have a daughter too she's 7 her name is Aaliyah Janae Jackson I love that little girl with everything, me and her mama don't get along but I'll do anything for my pride and joy.

My roommate dropped out last week and rent is due and I ain't paying extra. My roommates are Michael, my teammate and best friend and my cousin Tatiyana. The apartment style dorms are co-ed and don't have any restrictions such as; visiting hours or dorm checks which is why I pay extra to live in a bigger space with more people.

I have trust issues. My dad said he'll never leave me but he died when I was 13. He was supposed to protect me from everything, but he couldn't even protect me from the one person that was supposed to love me the most. I haven't been the same since. Underneath the cocky, arrogant, flirtatious womanizer, I'm human just like everybody else.

We All Have Trust Issues...