Trust Issues (Chapter 23)

Armoni POV:

"Where you going?" Jerome asked me as I tried to get out of the bed. "It's only eight, we're supposed to sleep in together today." He pulled me back into him and then kissed the side of my face, making me smile to myself.

"I have to get to the bank before it closes." I informed him. Since it was a Saturday, the bank closes at noon and I agreed to meet up with Brandy so I could loan her the fifteen hundred dollars she needed for her rent and car note.

All night I tossed and turned. I couldn't sleep because I was thinking of how I was going to come up with this money for Brandy. I make really good money at the office but not nearly enough to loan out fifteen hundred dollars and still be able to take care of my own things such as paying my rent, car note, insurance, phone bill, and still be able to eat, put gas in my car and pay for my other necessities.

I hated asking people for things and I try to be as independent as I can but I should've thought this through before agreeing to give Brandy the money. It was really weighing on me because I knew Brandy needed the money and I hate to see the people I love struggle in any way so I just have to help her. My conscious wouldn't let me not give her the money. That's just the way I am as a person. I'm not about to let one of my best friends struggle if I'm able to help them out. What kind of friend is that?

I finally came up with the solution to take out the fifteen hundred from my savings account. That way I could still take care of all of my own financial responsibilities and still loan her the money that she needed. I knew that Brandy wouldn't pay the money back anytime soon so I would have to replace the money on my own. In order to replace the money I would have to get a second job. After all of the money was back in my savings account, I would be able to quit the job. Simple solution. Everybody wins.

"Mm. You better hurry back." He mumbled to me before he released me so I could get out of the bed. He pulled me in for one last kiss and I couldn't help the blush that crept on my face.

I have to admit, it did take me a little while to get used to how affectionate and touchy feely Jerome was with me. At first it used to make my uneasy and nervous but now I love it. He's broken me out of my shell and I feel a lot more comfortable with him. I look forward to his hugs and kisses after a long day, now.

"I'll try." I smirked. After getting out of the bed, I went and took a shower and brushed my teeth before getting dressed for the day in a simple outfit and brushing my hair up into a high topknot bun. I decided not to wear makeup and just to put on Chapstick and facial moisturizer.

"Jerome did you want me to make you some breakfast before I left?" I asked him as I sat down on the bed to tuck my shoelaces into the sides of my shoe

"Nah, I'll just eat some cereal or something when I get up." He mumbled into the pillow.

"You better not eat my Captain Crunch." I said smacking my lips, making him smirk with his eyes still closed. Every time we write out the grocery list for the month, he always requests Cocoa Puffs but he never eats them, I always catch his black ass sneaking to eat my Captain Crunch. Greedy ass. "Jerome! I'm not playing with you." I huffed as I hit him upside his head.