Trust Issues (Chapter 33)

Armoni and Andrea ☝🏽

Armoni POV

After finally getting myself together and being able to calm down, I drove myself home. I sat in the parking lot of our building for a good twenty minutes before finally going up to our apartment. I was hoping, praying and wishing that Jerome was already in bed or at least in the shower because I knew my eyes were red from all that crying I did.

"Where you been, Noonie?" Jerome asked me as soon as I walked through the front door. He was sitting on the couch playing the game with Mike. "I tried to call you." He said without even taking his eyes off of the TV.

"My phone died earlier." I replied honestly.

"I been telling you to get a car charger. Riding around with a dead phone ain't safe. What if something would've happened to you? Huh?" He fussed, making me nod my head. Jerome swore he was my Daddy sometimes. I didn't mind most of the time, because it only meant that he cared about my well-being.

"I'll get one tomorrow." I replied.

"What's wrong with you?" Mike asked, looking over at me.

"Yeah, you look sad." Jerome added. "What's wrong with my baby?"

"I'm fine, just tired." I said half telling the truth. I was tired as hell but sleep was the last thing on my mind right now. My brain was too awake to be trying to do any sleeping.

"You sure? Look like you been crying." He said squinting his eyes at me.

"I'm fine guys." I chuckled. "Did y'all eat?" I asked changing the subject.

"Yeah. Tatiyana cooked burgers." Mike spoke up. I was trying to remain calm and act normal but Jerome was staring at me. He knew that something was wrong with me and I could tell that he was trying to figure out what it was.

"I made you a plate it's in the fridge." Jerome informed me.

"I'm not really hungry. Thank you though I'll take it for lunch tomorrow." I replied, making him stop playing the game completely and look at me. "Well I'm tired so I'm gonna go to bed. I'll see y'all in the morning." I yawned.

"Noonie, you sure you not gon eat?" Jerome asked eyeing me. I still didn't have an appetite, Aireka and her news ruined that for me.

"I ate already." I lied.

"When has that ever stopped you before?" Mike laughed, making me smirk.

"Shut up Mike." I laughed. "I'm going to bed y'all. Goodnight!"

"Goodnight Sis." Mike called to me as I quickly made my way up the stairs. Jerome didn't reply but I could feel him burning a hole into my back. When I got upstairs, I peeped into Jerome's room and saw that Aaliyah was in the bed knocked out. I went to my room and stripped out of my clothes so I could shower.

After showering, I moisturized my body with lotion and did my skin care regimen before putting on one of Jerome's shirts and getting into bed. I was halfway asleep when Jerome finally came and got in the bed. To avoid having a conversation with him, I faked like I was asleep.

"Is that my shirt?" I heard him mumble. "This girl always in my shit. Imma start hiding it." I wanted to laugh so bad but I held it in and just continued pretending that I was asleep. "Night Noonie, I love you. With your stealing ass." He mumbled as he leaned over and kissed my lips. I fought the urge to kiss him back and I was thankful when he pulled away.

He laid his head on my chest and draped his arm over my waist before pulling the covers over us. Jerome and I have to be touching each other in some way when we sleep. Which explains why the air is always on full blast during the night.