Trust Issues (Chapter 14)

ARMONI POV:

"Here, take this and go get your hair and nails done." Jerome told me as he counted out some money. I raised my eyebrow as he handed me a stack of money. When I told him that he'd given me way too much money for just hair and nails, he told me to go shopping too.

"Jerome, no." I protested as I tried to give more than half of the money back.

"Don't start, just go and have fun." He said slapping my hand away and kissing my forehead. It  was Saturday and Jerome was sending Aaliyah and I out to get pampered. Aaliyah had gotten a great report card this semester and I was on the Dean's List yet again. "I'll meet up with y'all for dinner."

"Okay, be safe." I told him as he pulled me in for a hug, I smirked as he grabbed my ass. Aaliyah was in my room putting the finishing touches on her little outfit she put together, so we were out here waiting on her. In Aaliyah's school district, the day they get report cards, they don't have school due to parent teacher conferences. So, after hearing Aaliyah's teacher give her a good report, Jerome decided to spoil us both.

"You too Ma." He mumbled as he continued rubbing my butt.

"Jerome, what are you doing?" I chuckled as I tried to push his hands away.

"I don't know man, it's just something about your booty. It's soothing, it calms me down." He said making me raise my eyebrow. He had such a serious expression on his face that I couldn't help but to laugh. "I'm serious."

"I know you are, that's what makes it funny." I smirked.

"I'm ready!" Aaliyah sang before she came out of my room. Her outfit was simple; she had on a pair of black shorts, a white tank top, with a black and red flannel tied around her waist. Since we were going to get our toes done, she changed out of her Jordans and replaced them with a pair of black sandals.

"You look cute Princess." Jerome told her before kissing her.

"Thanks Daddy." She grinned up at him.

"Be good and listen to Mookie, I'll see you later." He said.

"How come you're not coming with us?" She asked him, making me look up at him.

"I have to take care of some business but I'll meet up with y'all for dinner, okay?" He said, she nodded her head and I sighed. I know I gave Jerome three months to handle his business but it's only been a week and I'm already growing impatient. "Be thinking about where you wanna go eat. We can go anywhere you want."

"Anywhere?" She asked with a smirk on her face.

"Anywhere." He nodded. Once we said our goodbyes, Aaliyah and I made my way down to my car and got in. I made sure she was buckled up before pulling off and heading towards Ms. Jocelyn's hair salon. Aaliyah and I both had hair appointments with her before going to the nail place to get our manicures and pedicures.

As soon as we got into the car and put on our seatbelts, Aaliyah was requesting to listen to Beyonce.

At first we started out real cool
Taking me places I ain't never been
But now, you're getting comfortable
Ain't doing those things you did no more
You're slowly making me pay for things
Your money should be handling

And now you ask to use my car
Drive it all day and don't fill up the tank
And you have the audacity
To even come and step to me
Ask to hold some money from me
Until you get your check next week

You triflin', good for nothing type of brother
Silly me, why haven't I found another?
A baller, when times get hard, I need someone to help me out
Instead of a scrub like you, who don't know what a man's about