Trust Issues (Chapter 35 Part I)

Jerome POV:

After joining the team and coaching staff for breakfast, we had a little time to rest before we had to meet up for practice

After joining the team and coaching staff for breakfast, we had a little time to rest before we had to meet up for practice. I decided to check on Mookie and the kids, I called them but nobody answered so I figured they were still asleep.

Before leaving her room this morning, I left her some money on the dresser so she and the kids could get some breakfast when they woke up. I had to hurry and get back to my room so I would be there when Coach made rounds. I actually missed it but Mike covered for me and told him I was in the shower.

He even turned the shower on and put some of my dirty clothes on the floor for me. I can always count on him for having my back. That's my nigga.

"You nervous?" Mike asked, snapping me out of my thoughts as we rode the bus to the training facility that we were practicing in.

"Hell yeah." I replied honestly. I was sick to my stomach and my stomach was rumbling and tumbling like hell. I'd been on the toilet all damn morning and I was feeling nauseous as hell. I knew it would only get worse from now so I needed to do something about it or else I wouldn't be any good to play tonight.

This was one of the most important games of my college career and I couldn't stay off the damn toilet. Throughout practice, I kept having to leave to go to the bathroom. It was embarrassing but I'd rather run off the court and get to the bathroom, rather than shit on myself in front of everybody.

The team wanted to hang out and chill but I didn't even feel up to it. I was in a foul ass mood and I was nervous as hell. Today was the anniversary of my Dad's death, I had an important ass game tonight, I was putting a ring on Mookie's finger in front of an arena of people, and I couldn't stop shitting.

I was laid across the bed, in the hotel room by myself. My phone started ringing and I almost didn't answer until I noticed it was Armoni calling. I looked at the clock and it was almost noon. Her ass was probably just now waking up. Sleepy ass girl.

"Hey Noonie." I answered her call.

"Hey Pookie. Sorry I missed your call, we were sleep." She explained, making me smirk. I know her too well.

"I figured." I replied.

"What you doing? Did you go to practice yet?" She asked.

"Yeah we had practice a few hours ago. I'm in the room just chilling. I don't really feel good." I told her honestly. I didn't know what was wrong with me because I was perfectly fine all day yesterday and last night. But this morning was a totally different story.

"What? What's wrong? How long have you been sick? Did you take anything?" She said throwing questions at me. I chuckled to myself because I could hear the concern in her voice.