Trust Issues (Chapter 15)

ARMONI POV:

After Jerome called me from the jail, I finished up with my last client and took my lunch break early to go pick his ass up. Once I picked him up, I drove him to his car and dropped him off without a word. He kept trying to talk to me but I ignored him the whole time.

How in the hell does two hours turn into an overnight jail stay? Really my nigga? How does that happen?

"I'm not getting out of this car until you talk to me." Jerome stated as he sat in my car. We were both stubborn as hell so I didn't know how this was going to play out. I didn't want to talk to him but I needed to get my butt back to work. I had to see my next client, in less than thirty minutes.

"Jerome, I don't have time for this. We can talk when I get off work." I told him as I rolled my eyes.

"No, we're gonna talk now." He replied. This nigga was giving out orders and demands like I was the one that was in the wrong. I'm the one that had to leave my job in the middle of the work day to pick his dumb ass up from jail.

"Jerome. Get the hell out of my damn car before I'm late to work." I gritted out calmly as I folded my arms across my chest. I kept my facial expression blank as my eyes remained trained straight ahead. I could feel him staring at me but I wasn't budging.

"Armoni, I-"

"I need to get back to work, now." I said simply, cutting him off. "Either get out or you're coming with me."

"Just listen to m-"

"Either you're going to get out of my car and do what you need to do, or I'm driving off and you're coming to work with me. You have five seconds before I'm pulling off." I told him simply.

I slowly counted to five in my head and once I reached five, he was still in my car, so I drove off without another word.

"Why are you being so fucking childish! Damn, I just wanted to talk to you. Stop the car now." He yelled at me, making me chuckle. I was honestly laughing to keep myself from snapping on his ass. "Ain't shit funny!" The rest of the ride I tuned him out with a slight smile on my face, while he continued yelling at me.

Once we were in the parking garage of my job, I put my car in park and turned and faced him calmly. Before he could even get his damn mouth open, to be disrespectful towards me again, I punched him dead in it.

"What the fuck! What was that for?" He yelled at me, once again. I'm not one to be disrespected and I don't tolerate it from anybody. I don't care who you are. If you didn't have a part in giving me life, you're not about to yell at me like a damn child. Especially when I'm not the one in the wrong.

"Keep yelling at me and I'll do it again." I threatened as I turned the car off and took off my seat belt. I got out of my car and then grabbed my purse from the backseat of my car.

"My fucking lip is bleeding." He whined loudly as I walked toward the building. I wanted to laugh at him so bad because he was being a baby but I was mad at him. "It hurtssssssss."

"Oh well, you shouldn't have yelled at me." I shrugged. He didn't respond but he huffed and puffed all the way up to my office.

Once we got there, he sat down on the couch and I sat at my desk. I had less than five minutes until my next client was supposed to come. I was hungry as hell and I only had a few minutes to eat before I had to go back to work.

I eyed Jerome as I went into my snack drawer. I had everything in here; boxes of fruit snacks, bags of chips, oatmeal crime pies, ramen noodles, beef jerky, cheese and peanut butter crackers, granola bars, honey buns, juices, fudge rounds, gold fish, pretzels, Chex mix, popcorn, and all types of candy.