Trust Issues (Chapter 19)

ARMONI POV:

"Who are you?" He asked, with confusion written all over his face, making my heart sink. My eyes watered and I tried to hold back my tears, but I couldn't. The doctor said nothing about him possibly losing some of his memory, so this was a complete shock to me. It would've been a little better if I would've have a warning, to prepare myself or something. I put my head in my hands as I cried.

"Wait. Baby no don't cry, I was just playing." He laughed as he tried to hug me with his one, good arm. My head snapped up and I glared at him. The nerve of this nigga. How dare he?

"Are you serious? Don't play with me like that! Why in the hell would you do something like that? That shit is not funny!" I ranted as he tucked his bottom lip. I don't think he was expecting me to react like that because his face literally dropped. "You are such a jerk for that!" I snapped as I laid back down on the couch and jerked the covers over my head. "So fucking childish!" I grumbled.

"Baby, I'm sorry." Jerome apologized as he tried to hold in a laugh. He tried to pull the blanket away from me with his good arm, but I roughly snatched it back from him. I turned away from him and he hovered over me. His ass thought it was funny to pretend like he didn't remember me. He had my ass crying and everything. "I was just joking babe, I'm sorry."

"Move Jerome." I hissed, trying to push him away from me. I can't believe him. He really did me like that. The nerve of him.

"I'm sorry babe, I didn't know you would get mad, it was supposed to be just a fun joke." He apologized again, making me roll my eyes and scoff. How in the hell else was I supposed to react? "If I would've know you'd react like this, I wouldn't have done it baby. I'm sorry Noonie."

"Whatever. What are you even doing up? You need to be in the bed Khalil." I instructed, ignoring his apology. He rolled his eyes at me and slowly walked back to his hospital bed, I watched him as he got into the bed. He struggled a little so I went over to help him out. Although I was mad at him, he needed my help, so of course I was going to help him.

Once he was in the bed, I covered his body with the hospital sheets. "Come get in the bed with me?" He asked me, with a sad look on his face. The way he was looking at me, I literally couldn't say no. With what happened yesterday, I actually wanted to be all up under him.

"I don't wanna hurt you and you know I'm clumsy." I told him, as I gave him a knowing look. I was clumsy as hell and we both knew it, there was absolutely no denying it.

"Man if you don't get your ass in this bed." He said smacking his lips and giving me a look. I huffed before grabbing my blanket and walking over to the bed. I expected him to scoot over to make a little room for me, but he didn't. He just opened his arm to me. "Come on."

"Scoot over." I told him.

"Come lay on me." He smirked.

"Nooooooooooo." I whined, making him laugh. "I don't wanna hurt you." I mumbled.

"You won't, come on." He said scooting over a little. I bit my bottom lip nervously as I climbed into the bed with him and carefully laid my body on his. "Ouch!" He hissed, making me jump out of the bed so damn fast and move away from him. When I noticed him laughing, I mugged him and flipped him off.

"You play too much, ugly ass." I huffed as he continued to laugh.

"Now Noonie, we both know I'm not ugly. Let's not lie to one another babe." He scoffed, making me roll my eyes. I can't even lie and say I didn't miss his cocky ass. "Now come and get in the bed with Daddy." He smirked. I rolled my eyes at him, as I felt myself blush a little.