Trust Issues (Chapter 30)

Armoni POV:

I was laying in the bed, watching the clock and waiting for Jerome to come home. I had tried countless times to go back to sleep after he left but I was honestly worried sick. All I could do was pray while I stared up at the ceiling.

I remained in the same position for hours, worrying and praying. When Jerome finally came through the door at seven in the morning I was so relieved. "Oh my gosh! Pookie are you okay?" I asked, quickly getting out of the bed and rushing to him. "I was worried sick."

"I'm straight." He replied before placing a wet and sloppy kiss on the side of my mouth. I could smell the liquor on his breath, making me frown. I got a good look at him and noticed he had on a different set of clothing as well.

"Are you drunk?" I asked, slightly raising my voice. Loud enough to let him know I had an attitude but still quiet enough not to wake Li. This nigga had me fucked up.

"Nah, a lil tipsy. Tasha gave me some whiskey to help with the pain." He informed me, making me frown. Before I could even form the words to question him, he lifted his shirt and revealed a large bandage that was covering the majority of his abdomen.

"Jerome! What in the hell? What happened?" I asked, grabbing his shirt and lifting it so I could get a better look at him.

"It's just a lil stab wound baby. I'm alright." He explained nonchalantly, making me look at him in disbelief. He said it as if he'd gotten a simple paper cut or a scraped knee.

"Jerome, you need to go to the hospital." I sighed.

"For what? I'm alright. Tasha stitched me up." He shrugged.

"Tasha isn't a doctor Jerome." I reminded him. Tasha had her CNA license so she had a little background in the medical field but she wasn't a doctor that specialized in stab wounds.

"I'm fine baby, just let me lay down." He mumbled as he made his way over to the bed.

"But Pook-"

"Just let me lay down for a while and if I start feeling bad I'll go to the hospital." He said interrupting me before I could even protest.

"Fine." I huffed, giving in to his compromise.

"Thank you." He replied.

"Let's get you cleaned up first." I told him as I grabbed his arm and led him down the hall to the bathroom that we shared. I washed him up the best I could without getting his bandage wet and had him brush his teeth before getting him in the bed.

"Mm. Thank you baby." Jerome mumbled as I pulled the covers up to his chin.

"You're welcome Pookie." I replied as I placed a kiss on his lips. "Is it safe for Aaliyah and I to go out?" I asked him. I had already called in to work to be safe but there was no use in us staying home if it was safe to go out.

"Id rather y'all stay here just to be on the safe side." He told me, making me nod my head. I was going to let him rest because he had been up all night but best believe as soon as his ass woke up, I was throwing questions at him left and right.

Usually I don't poke my nose into his illegal dealings and his business with my brother but if it had to do with my safety, I had every right to know. I needed answers.