Trust Issues (Chapter 42)

JEROME POV:

"Good morning." Mookie greeted me with a smile as I entered the kitchen. She was at the stove cooking while holding Jr. It looked like she was breastfeeding because her tank top was down.

After our talk last night, I was definitely feeling a certain way. I knew she had her little friend or whatever but I didn't know it was as serious as it was. I thought that I still had a chance in being with her. The fact that she had another nigga's baby in her stomach didn't even phase me. I was willing to be the best fucking step daddy in the world.

But after our conversation from last night, it made me realize that we were done. I couldn't even lie, I was hurt as fuck. Being in love with girl and you can't even have her is fucked up. I can't even be mad at her or fault her. I had my chance and fucked it up, I don't have anybody to blame but myself.

"Morning." I replied, sitting down at the island.

"You sleep okay?" She asked, slightly turning to look at me. "I would've taken the couch, I'm a lot smaller than you."

"What I look like letting my guest sleep on the couch?" I asked, smacking my lips, making her laugh softly. "Best sleep I've gotten in months, even on that lil ass couch." I replied, honestly. Just knowing that my family was here, in the same space as me, gave me so much peace and comfort. I was surprised at how quickly I fell asleep last night.

"Good. I'm glad you finally got some rest." She said as she put the spatula down and adjusted Jr in her arms. She fixed her shirt before giving him to me. I was surprised she gave him to me willingly and without me having to ask.

"You see your Daddy, PaPa? Looka my Stinky man. Hi PaPa." She cooed, getting in his face and placing kisses on his nose. I watched as he grabbed her face and just stared at her. His face eventually broke out into a grin as slobber fell from his mouth. "I love you too PaPa." She smiled as she wiped his mouth with her thumb.

She eventually went back to cooking and Jr's eyes followed her every move. Whenever she got too far from him, he started to whine. He was definitely gonna be a Mama's boy.

"The food is ready, go get Li." She instructed me as she placed plates on the table. I was glad that we went grocery shopping yesterday because I didn't have shit to cook or eat before they got here.

I got up from my seat and went into my room. Li was sprawled out all over the bed. I stood Jr up on her head and moved his body to make it look like he was dancing. "Get up Princess!" I yelled loudly.

"Daddy." She groaned. Once I finally got her up, she joined us in the kitchen for breakfast. I had planned on spending the whole day with them since I had a game tomorrow. It was our first official game of the season and I was nervous as hell but excited at the same time.

I looked down at the plates Mookie put in front of Aaliyah and I and smiled. I missed the hell out of her cooking, my tastebuds were grateful for her. Andrea could cook and I appreciated her for always looking out for me and making sure I was fed but there was nothing like your girl's cooking. Well, ex girl.

"This shit look so good." I mumbled, rubbing my hands together as my eyes admired the two big ass plates of food. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." She replied, sitting down at the table with a plate of her own. Aaliyah said the blessing over our food before we all dug in.