Epilogue Part III

ARMONI POV:

I woke up this morning before my alarm even had a chance to go off. I laid there, staring up at the ceiling for a while before finally getting out of the bed. I put on my robe and went out on the balcony, leaning against the railing as I stared up at the sky. The sun wasn't even out yet, it was so early.

I'm getting married today. I'm really about to be somebody's wife. Jerome's wife at that.

This time a couple of years ago, I would have never, ever in a million years thought I'd be in this position. My mind was closed off to even the thought of giving Jerome another chance but my heart took that chance. I allowed him to show me how much he was willing to change his ways and behaviors for me. I'm grateful I listened to my heart and not my brain because Jerome really showed me that he was willing to do whatever it took, to get us back together and he did it.

I smiled at the simple thought before opening the Bible app on my phone and reading my daily morning devotional. After reading; I said my daily morning prayer. The majority of my prayer this morning consisted of giving thanks to God for Jerome and my kids, asking God's blessings upon our union, asking for direction and guidance in my life and healing, peace of mind, protection and comfort for Trayveon.

Half an hour had flown by the time that I was entering the hotel room. My alarm still hadn't gone off but it was still too late to attempt to go back to sleep and get some more rest. I was far too anxious and nervous. Instead, I went down to the lobby and ate breakfast. Since I knew I had to fit into my dress; I ate some fruit, yogurt and drank water.

The golden brown bacon, potatoes and waffles were tempting me but I stayed strong. I was enjoying the quiet time that I had for myself. It was a time of peace and it allowed me to be able to reflect and process. I got on my phone and began doing research to find the closest post office. Thankfully there wasn't one too far from the hotel.

After eating my breakfast, I walked the short distance to the post office so I could mail my letters to Trayveon. Not knowing if he'd read the letter if it was from me, I wrote two. One had my information on it and the other had my mom's. Either way, he was getting this letter.

I enjoyed being out by myself, it gave me a lot of time to think with any distractions. Being a mom and Jerome's girlfriend, I rarely got the luxury of having alone time so I was definitely taking advantage of this opportunity.

By the time I made it back to the hotel suite, my alarm was going off. I went ahead and got ready for the day. Since all of us were in this room with only one bathroom, we had to get ready one at a time. After my shower, I woke up Andrea and she showered and got ready for the day.

We were all going to get pampered together. Leilani had these cute track suits made for us. They were black velour suits with pink writing on the back of the jacket and the side of the pants. Our names were on the jacket, Bride was down my right leg and Bridesmaid was on everybody else's pant leg.

Although Wendy planned out the wedding and reception, Leilani planned everything leading up to it. My bridal shower, the rehearsal dinner, my bachelorette party and Jerome's bachelor party was all organized by my baby sister.

She did a great job with everything and I could wait until she finished her degree and started up her own event planning business. She was so talented and creative that I knew she would build up a great clientele. In no time she'd be raking in the money. Hell she already had a lot of mine because every event that I have, she plans it for me.