Trust Issues (Chapter 36 Part III)

This chapter contains explicit content.

Armoni POV:

Just as I was dozing off, the doorbell rang. I sighed before rolling my eyes. I slowly got off the couch before making my way to the front door. Drea had been texting me since she left, checking on the kids.

Just when I reassured her they were okay and I was finally about to get my nap, somebody wanted to pop up. I looked out the peephole and saw the person that I least expected to see. My Uncle Charles. The man that raped and abused me for years.

I slowly stepped away from the door after looking through the peephole

I slowly stepped away from the door after looking through the peephole. I was honestly confused as hell. My eyes had to be playing tricks on me. To my knowledge, Uncle Charles was given a fifteen year prison sentence, but it had only been eight years. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard loud knocking again, causing me to jump.

I was stuck. I wanted to run away so bad but it was like my feet were planted to the ground. I didn't know what to do. I wasn't big and bad Armoni that wasn't scared of going at it with anybody. I wasn't Armoni that wouldn't back down from a fight. I reverted back to Armoni the child. Armoni that used to get physically, mentally, and sexually abused, manipulated, threatened, and beaten.

When did he get out? Why didn't anybody tell me he was getting out? How did he even find me? How did he even know I would be here?

I could feel myself having a panic attack. My heart was racing, my chest was tight, I could feel myself getting dizzy, I couldn't focus on anything, I was struggling to breath and I felt like I was about to die. I fought against those familiar feelings and closed my eyes while taking deep breaths. I went to my happy place in my head and began to count backwards from one hundred.

I stood there hoping, wishing and praying that he would just go away. Hopefully he would realize nobody was home so he would just leave. Those wishes and prayers fell through. The knocks grew louder, causing Michaela to wake up crying. Once she started crying, MJ woke up and began crying as well.

"Armoni! Baby girl it's me! Open up for Uncle C!" I heard him yell. The loud knocks turned into bangs and my body trembled in fear as he continued yelling, trying to get me to open the door.

When he began trying to kick the door open, something in my brain clicked and I hightailed my big ass to the living room. I grabbed my phone and picked up both babies in my arms before running upstairs to my old bedroom. I ran back downstairs to gather anything MJ and Michaela might need, as well as my purse and shoes. I didn't want to leave any traces of me being here, in case Uncle Charles did bust in here.

After locking myself in the room with both of the babies, I paced back and forth as I tried to catch my breath. My heart was beating hella fast and my stomach was tightening up. It felt like I was having contractions but it was way too early for that.