Trust Issues (Chapter 26 Part II)

Jerome POV:

"Is this the residency of Ms. Armoni Jones?" One of the police officers asked me as I opened the door and greeted them. Not these muthufuckas again. I eyeballed them briefly before finally opening my mouth to speak. I wasn't about to give them information on Mookie without knowing what was going on with my girl. I may be goofy, but I ain't dumb.

"Why do you ask? Is something going on?" I asked them.

"There's a warrant out for her arrest." One of the officers replied, making my stomach sink down to my ass.  Once he said that, I automatically knew that Trina pressed charges against Mookie for the fight.

"Fuck." I sighed as I rolled my eyes. I was so pissed off. I felt like punching through this damn wall. I knew that wouldn't do anything but make matters worse so I simply took a deep breath and calmed myself down before the both of us ended up in a damn jail cell.  I don't know I didn't take Trina's triffling ass serious when she threatened me. All of this  shit could've easily been avoided. This is all my fucking fault.

"Is Ms. Jones home?" The same officer asked me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, let me go get her." I replied before sighing heavily. I turned around and slowly headed up the stairs. I approached her room and knocked on the door before pushing it open. She was standing in front of her mirror putting her hair up into a bun. She had dressed herself in a pair of running shorts and a tank top.

"What's wrong?" She asked, noticing my facial expression.

"The police are here for you again." I mumbled, making her frown. Before she could speak up, I finished telling her what I had to say. "Trina pressed charges on you for the fight y'all got in so the police are basically here to arrest you." I said quickly. I waited for her to react. I expected her to bust into tears but her response was totally different.

"That scary ass hoe! She pressed charges on me? I oughta beat her ass again." She said angrily as her face screwed up. My eyes slightly widened as I watched her pull a pair of Adidas track pants over her running shorts. She continued cussing and fussing while she put on a shirt and a pair of Nike's.

"Baby calm down."" I told her as I grabbed her arm and pulled her into me.

"No, I won't calm down! My college career, my scholarship and my fucking job could be at risk because she couldn't take a couple of punches. Her dusty ass spit on me and she expected me not to do anything! Fuck that! Ooooh I wanna beat her ass again." She ranted as tears of anger ran down her cheeks.

"Ssssh! Imma handle everything baby. Don't worry about it, Imma have you out in a couple of hours, I promise." I told her as I wiped her cheeks with my thumbs before cupping her face in my hands and looking at her. I couldn't help but to chuckle, this wasn't a laughing matter but she was so damn cute when she was mad.

Before she could snap on me about laughing at her, I placed a gentle kiss her lips. She tried pulling away from me but I grabbed her chin to hold her in place while I placed soft kisses on her lips. "This is bullshit man!" She huffed once we finally pulled away from each other. I was trying to calm her down by kissing her, but clearly that didn't work out too well.

"I know baby, but I'll fix it." I told her as I kissed her forehead. I grabbed her hand and led her out of her bedroom and down the stairs. "You scared?" I asked her.

"No. I think I'm too pissed off to be scared." She replied as she shrugged her shoulders. "Trina better pray I don't ever see her dusty ass again."

"You won't, I'll make sure of that." I told her honestly. I had something for Trina's stupid ass. If she thought putting my girl in jail would catch my attention and make me want her, she had another thing coming. When we walked into the living room, I noticed Mike was gone. He probably caught on to what was going on and went to check on Drea.