Thinking Out Loud-Pietro Maximoff

pairing: pietro and gn! reader
summary: you can hear thoughts and boy are pietro's loud
genre: just straight fluff, maybe angst i guess?
warnings: nothing, soft boy pietro :)))
a/n: watched aou recently and had to write something for the best boy pietro, sorry it's short

Here you were yet again planning out your route as not to run into Pietro. You didn't hate him or anything but his thoughts were just so damn loud. You couldn't stand being near him because all you could hear was him. Not even his words, his thoughts rang through your head. His thoughts sounded like shrill screams and no matter how much you liked him, you just couldn't be near him. 

Pietro notices your avoidance of him immediately. At first, he thought you were just cold like the rest of the team but you always joked over the comms with him. You also left gifts at his door from time to time and made him breakfast on more than one occasion. It had already gotten to him but he was ready to confront you.

He knocks on your door, "y/n?" 

You sigh and rub your temples. You could already hear his thoughts through the door but you try your best to ignore them. "Yes, Pietro?" You open your door and lean onto the the doorframe. 

"Can I come in?" 

You nod and gesture toward your bed. "What do you need?" You. You. You. You. You. His thoughts answer your question but you question their meaning.

"What's the deal? Did I do something?"

"What do you mean?" 

"You ignore me constantly, leave whenever I enter a room, and this is the first time we've been in a room together that's not the meeting room." 

"I'm sorry, Pietro." 

"Sorry really doesn't cut it," 

"I know," You hang your head. "It's just that I can hear thoughts and yours are really loud."

"What?" 

"Your thoughts are unbearably loud and I don't know why," You look up at him, scared of his next move.

"You should have told me," He says softly. He unconsciously reaches out for your hand but pulls away, realizing what he's doing.

"I know but-" You bite your lip. "You're really hard to talk to."

Pietro looks at you with furrowed brows.

"I don't mean that in an unkind way but I think the reason your thoughts are so much louder than everyone's is 'cause I like you," You admit. As if a flip is switched, his thoughts quiet down.

He looks up at you and flashes his teeth with a wide smile. "I like you, too." He grabs your hands, "A lot."