Rise and Fall- Bucky Barnes

pairing: bucky barnes and gn! reader
summary: reader wants to cuddle, bucky is busy, reader convinces him
genre: fluff w/ literally 1 milimicromention of angst
requested? yes.
warnings: cheesiness, taking about bucky n his rivalry with sam lmfao, soft AF content, bad writing bc i wrote this just before bed AND on my phone rip
a/n: i was having a hard time writing this as a oneshot so i wrote headcanons, hope that's all right :) also sorry about not finishing requests for so long i'm just so busy w/ school

- bucky's sitting in steve's (and unofficially his) office by himself chipping away at some paperwork by himself

- he starts humming to himself unknowingly

- you quietly walk in and take a seat on a roller chair. you watch him for a moment as you rest your head on your hand. you roll your chair over to him, "buck," you whine.

- he looks at you unamused. then returns to his paperwork.

- "buuuuuckyyyyy"

- he looks at you again just as unamused, "what do you need?" he asks patiently.

- a big smile spreads over your face,, cue bucky.regret.exe

- "cuddles!" you respond, jumping up in your seat. "with you!"

- he's not really opposed to the idea but he's got work to finish

- "doll, not right now. i promise we will later,"

- you're not taking no for an answer. you pull out your serious voice, "bucky,"

- you catch his attention, and he immediately turns his chair in your direction. he looks like a deer in headlights. "what?" he asks, softly and confused.

- in an instant, you're on him. you straddle his lap, drape your arms over his shoulders, and pepper his neck with kisses.

- "doll, what're ya-"

- you kiss him on his adam's apple

- and then right on his nose

- he blushes hard. he's been with you for how long but that manages to make him blush like a schoolboy lol

- "pleeeeeeease" you kiss him over and over again.

- his face is still flushed as he puts his hands up in surrender, "okay, okay," he chuckles. "you win." he leans in, wrapping his arms around you, and kisses you softly.

- he pulls away and looks at you as if to say two can play at this game and then the fucker winks

- he slides his hands to hold your butt as he stands

- now it's your turn to ask, "what are you doing?"

- "taking you to the bedroom, doll."

- god, now you REALLY knew what steve meant when he said bucky had 40s charm

- before you can melt out of his hands, he hoists you up, you jumping out of his hands for a moment, and him taking this chance to give your butt a squeeze. you hold back an eyeroll.

- then he steps into your shared room and throws you onto the bed. where the hell did that 40s charm go???

- but bucky's laughing, so so are you

- he launches himself onto the bed but more onto you

- he attacks your sides with his fingers, tickling you

- now you can't stop laughing and also your limbs have a mind of their own

- you may or may not accidently kick him in the nuts

- he folds over like a goddamn tortilla (hurricane katrina? more like hurricane tortilla!!)

- you immediately get up and onto your knees, saying "sorry" over and over again as you rest a hand on his arm

- he halfheartedly waves you off with the hand that's not protecting his assets™️ "i'm fine, honey."

- after a few more minutes, he recovers. sort of.

- you pull him against you. (he likes to be little spoon and also you just kicked him in the nuts so..) "sorry again," you chuckle, combing your fingers through his hair.

- "not your fault, doll."

- he chuckles, turning his head to look at your for a moment, "you have a great kick, ever thought about using it on sam?"

- you giggle, shaking your head. "only if you make sure he doesn't kill me,"

- "will do," he nods. he turns back and closes his eyes as you continue playing with his hair.

- you wrap a tight arm around him before pressing a kiss his forehead and laying back, closing your eyes, too.

- bucky is a very warm, gentle presence. it takes no time at all to be at ease and fall asleep next to him.

- he also smells like a fruity shampoo you or steve bought him. and a woody but not too strong body wash/lotion.

- and maybe you end up holding his hand in your sleep. his hand is soft. he keeps it soft with the aforementioned lotion, courtesy of sam (because one day they somehow we're holding hands and sam was like wtf bucky your hand feels terrible, worse than ur metal one,, and then bam, bucky uses lotion now lmao)

- when you wake up, you're in each other's arms and bucky is smiling like a kid on christmas morning.

- he usually wakes up before you, so he just watches you for a bit. and sometimes he wakes up paranoid and has to make sure you're still breathing. then he calms himself down by matching his breathing with yours.

- the rise and fall off your chest is so hypnotic that a good 1/3 of the time, it sends him back to sleep.

- and then you get to wake up and look at this beautiful face which is usually covered up by his hair. so, gently you push his hair out of his face. oh, the sight you see !

- he's so peaceful looking

- and also the cutest ever like wtf,, how'd you get so lucky to be with him??

- bucky thinks the same exact thing about you

- then maybe you smooch him on the forehead and cuddle up closer or get up to shower. usually the former because he is WARM. he's a human teddy bear i swear, bro

- and again you fall asleep, your head on his chest, rising and falling with it. the world is still and calm. all that matters is you two in each other's arms :')