Too Old to Not Call it Love- Peter Parker

pairing: gn!reader and peter parker
summary: Fake dating to appease the parents but it turns real, "Aren't we a little old for this?"
genre: fluff, like microscopic angst
requested? yes, for the 100k celebration!!
warnings: reader is oblivious for a hot minute, everyone but peter is gender-neutral, touchy-feely, smooching
a/n: didn't want to make anything specific so i wrote everyone as neutrally as possible lol, also i may have gotten carried away with this req, thanks for the request, loved writing it :)

Y/n <3
PETER!!
i need your help!!
i may or may not have told my parents i have a bf
AND THEY WANT TO MEET HIM
could you pretty please pretend to be my boyfriend? i'll even pay you if you want!

Peter P. :)
Y/n, what?
why would you tell them that? lmao

Y/n <3
just help me out?? for the holidays, please??
it's the time of year to be nice, y'know

Peter P. :)
only for u ;) lol
just tell me when and where

Y/n <3
aha, thanks petey! i promise to make it up to you!

Peter P. :)
see you then ;)

And that's how you and Peter end up standing in front of your parents' door, holding hands as you wait for them to answer the door. Peter gives your hand a squeeze, "You sure about this?"

You look at him and nod, "Worst thing that can happen is pictures but I can steal them out of my Mom's scrapbook."

Peter's brows raise, "All right then," He chuckles nervously. He couldn't admit it but he was seriously enjoying this fake dating thing, it gave him the chance to be more touchy-feely than usual without complicating things (though things could be less complicated if he just confessed, smh peter).

Your parents answer the door and after you and Peter step inside, they pull you both into a group hug. Peter chuckles after they let go of both of you and even pulls you in close and presses a kiss to the top of your head. You're a bit surprised but you did tell him what you were okay with and to play the part the best he could, so you lean into him and press a kiss to his cheek. He then thanks your parents for the invitation and makes his way over to exchange pleasantries.

While he's busy with your parents, your siblings pull you into the kitchen. Most of them are mad you hadn't told them about your boyfriend while the others congratulate you and tell you how cute he is. You nod along and laugh. Out of nowhere, there are hands on your hips and Peter rests his head on your shoulder, "What are you up to, sweetheart?"

Okay, what the fuck is up with Peter? You told him to be convincing not a 1950s nuclear husband. "Nothing much," You smile and take one of his hands. You tell your siblings you need to step aside with your boyfriend for a moment. You guide Peter to the bathroom and lock the door.

"Peter, what are you doing?"

"Well, I thought that- that you wanted to be convincing! And you wanted me to be nice, so they would leave you alone, right?" He flails his hands a bit as he talks.

He had a point. "Well, yeah.. but why are you so handsy? The kiss at the front door was convincing enough."

Peter's face reddens, "S-sorry, I'll tone it down, I-I just-"

You take his hand, "We're all square, Pete." You squeeze his hand gently. "No worries."

Whoo! Peter runs a hand through his hair. He's glad he hasn't been found out but why couldn't he just tell you how much he liked you? He shook the thought as you unlock the door and lead him to the living room.