Gestures- Bruce Banner

pairing: newly-super-powered!ftm!reader and bruce banner
summary: reader is super dysphoric AND just got powers (so u can imagine the stress he's under) and bruce is quite literally trying his best
genre: fluff, angst, hurt and comfort
requested? yes.
warnings: dysphoria, swearing, needles, fighting, brief description of injuries, falling out of a plane, anxiety (?), mutual(ish) pining, tony and his jokes, tony and his bad ideas, naked bruce for like 2 seconds
a/n: i hope it's alright that i combined ur ideas !! also bruce is literally one of my favorite characters idk why i don't write for him more lol so if u have ideas for him please send them in! also also i'm sorry about my slowness on requests i've been really busy lately (which i'm usually not lol) also also also i would be willing to write a pt. 2 for this after i finish requests :) just lmk

"What is he doing here!?" Bruce whisper-yells at Tony.

"What? He needs mission experience and besides, he wouldn't stop bothering me about it. The mission is in and out, Nat will be done in no time, and he's just going to oversee her."

"He can't oversee her somewhere safer?! Somewhere not on a plane that can be shot down!?" Bruce is flailing his arms now as he not-so-quietly argues with Tony.

"Mission experience," Tony repeats much calmer than his counterpart.

Bruce throws his arms up in surrender and rolls his eyes. 

You walk over, tablet in hand before resting your other hand on Bruce's shoulder, "Hey, Dr. Banner." You beam at him.

"H-hey," 

Before much else can happen the plane starts shaking and everyone's stumbling around. You fall against some seats as does Bruce. You don't even notice that Bruce's hand is over yours, too focused on what's causing the plane to shake. You throw your tablet aside before climbing your way through the plane near one of the doors. You're trying to reach one of the recruits and help them onto a seat but as you grab their hand, your back slams against the plane's door. You heave the recruit into the seat before the plane's door slowly opens. 

Your heels dip out of the plane but you grab the plane's inner railing. Not much is keeping you inside though and Bruce can tell, he's rushing your way and reaching his hand out. Just as his fingers brush against yours, you fall out of the plane. You don't know what's worse: the fact that you can't see where you're falling or that you can still see Bruce leaning out of the plane his hand still outstretched.

You watch him before Tony pulls him back in and thusly you squeeze your eyes shut. You're hoping for the best but expecting the worst so if the last thing you see is Bruce, it was a good last thing to see. 

Bruce had been so supportive through your transition whether it was helping you buy clothes or coming along on doctor's appointments. He was sure to keep you comfortable and always corrected those who called you by the wrong name or pronouns. Though he was super nervous and needed some pushing from Tony and Thor, he even went to pride with you (and so did all the Avengers but that's not the point). He was just so happy for you and he felt the air between you two change. He was simply happy that you could truly be you.

Soon enough your feet, your back, and the back of your head feel as if they've been pierced by knives and soon the sensation is throughout your body. Your bones shatter and you're utterly helpless. You slowly float down and down and down. You keep your eyes squeezed shut and considering your shattered bones and the egregious pain from even trying to move them, you let yourself fall further and further down. Soon the falling turns into pulling, by what you can't tell but the force is strong.

The source of power forces your eyes open but there's no stinging sensation and you can now see a glowing blue. You look at your hands and you can move your fingers now! Whatever this blue glowing stuff is, seems to be healing you and soon enough you can move your legs. You just notice how easy it is to breathe and realize you can breathe underwater!