Hero of the Party- Peter Parker

pairing: spider-man and male!reader
summary: u get beat up at a party n r in the bathroom with ur bloody face as you softly tap ur foot to the beat of the music playing outside of the bathroom when spiderman comes into the bathroom
genre: angst n fluff lot more fluff
warnings: underage drinking, swearing, mentions of blood, injury description
a/n: lmao so i was listening to a playlist of music but you're in the bathroom at a party and that is what inspired this 

You hold your nose as blood drips over your lips while your other hand firmly holds onto your beer. You lean your weight onto the bathroom door and stumble inside. You crane your neck left and right and as you spot toilet paper you reach out for it. Your hands are stained red and turn the toilet paper into crimson as you touch it. You curse under your breath before turning to the sink. You set your drink down on the top of the sink before running water over your hands. You watch the red swirl down the drain before meeting your reflection in the mirror. With now clean hands you cup some water and splash it onto your face. You look in the mirror and repeat the process a few more times.

You turn back to the toilet paper and take a fistful before shredding it. You take certain shreds and shove them up your nostrils before your nose can get the chance to start bleeding again. You grab your beer and take a seat on the toilet. You can hear one of your favorite songs playing and begin to tap your foot to the beat. You take a moment to gather yourself before pressing your drink to your lips. You nearly spit out your beer as you see Spider-Man or more likely someone dressed as Spider-Man enter the bathroom.

"Holy shit, you're-" You point your finger at him as you stare with your mouth slightly agape.

"Oh uh," He turns to face you as he rubs the back of his neck. "Sorry," He says softly.

"Are you uh," You gulp. "Are you actually Peter's friend?" You take a sip of your beer all the while intently watching him. You still weren't exactly sure this was Spider-Man but the alcohol made it easier to believe.

He nods with shy laughter, "Yeah." His voice had changed from the first time he spoke, now it sounds deeper. He takes a few steps closer and the eyes of his suit widen. "Are you okay?" His voice falters in between his words switching from deep to soft and back to deep again.

"Oh yeah," Spider-Man's presence almost made you forget about your probably broken nose. "I've had worse," You shrug and almost giggle before pressing your drink to your lips. You swallow before adding, "Doesn't uh- don't superheroes disapprove of underage drinking?" You quirk a brow at him.

He seems to tense up a bit before laughing, "Everyone's done it, and as long as no one is getting hurt." Unconvincingly he adds, "I used to back in my day."

You have to hold back from cringing. "I guess," You reply with a shrug. You lean back against the cool ceramic before muttering to yourself, "So, Peter really is friends with Spider-Man."

"How did that happen?" Spider-Man points to your nose as he refocuses the conversation. 

You laugh softly and swallow thickly. You could feel the tears waiting to fall, "It's kinda sad." You chug the rest of your beer before swiping a hand over your mouth. "I didn't even want to come here," You start. You see the eyes on Spider-Man's suit squint a bit. "There's this boy I like and-" You laugh. "That's why I came but he left before I could even talk to him. And then I was just hanging out to at least get drunk, you know?" You gesture toward him and he just nods softly so you can continue. "Well, I overheard this asshole talking bad about him and it's not like we're even super close but-" You throw your hands up, "I had to say something! So, one of Flash's stupid meathead friends punched me and now I'm talking to Spider-Man!" You rest your head in your hands, "And no one's gonna believe me," You whisper. 

Spider-Man rests a hand on your shoulder, "It's okay." He gives your shoulder a squeeze. "You should get home," He whispers.

You look up at him with a few tears running down your cheeks. You can't help but laugh, "For a superhero, you're really easy to talk to." You wipe some tears away as you smile. "Or maybe I'm drunk," You add.

"Come on," He wraps an arm around your back as his other hand holds your chest. He helps you stand. "Do you want a ride home?" Peter wasn't as close to you as he was with Ned but something came over him seeing you cry. He felt a pang of guilt and maybe a need to protect you.

"Uh, sure." You lean into him, wrapping your arms around his waist. "You're really-" You cut yourself off as you lay your head on his shoulder, trying to keep your eyes open. 

"What?" He asks as he guides you outside. 

A few people stare but you're drunk and he's Spider-Man so, you're both equally unphased. That's what you think at least because all the eyes on him have Peter internally screaming. "Thanks," You mumble against his neck.

Peter tries to hide it but your lips against his neck (even clothed) make him shiver. He felt a bit conflicted seeing as he had never previously been attracted to a guy. He shook the thought as he reasoned anyone would feel this way with someone's lips on their neck. "Hold on," He warns as he tightens his grip on you.

"Mmkay," You chuckle. You bury your face in his neck as you pull yourself closer to Peter. As you fly through the air with Spider-Man, your eyes instantly open. "Holy shit!" Now you're awake. "Oh my God," You cling to him as much as possible. 

"It's okay. I've got you, just relax," He assures you not even batting an eye (if his suit is capable of that in the first place). 

"I'm gonna die," You whisper to yourself before pressing your face into his neck. "Please don't let me die." 

Peter smiles under the mask, "I won't, I promise." He pulls you closer again as he swings around another building. "Where do you live?" 

After a few more minutes of swinging through the air, you land on your roof. You immediately pull away from him and fall to your knees. "I think I'm gonna throw up," You hold your stomach as you gag. "Thanks for the ride," You wave at him before falling onto your hands. 

"Do you need help getting inside?" He walks to your side as you're on all fours. He crouches down before resting a hand on your upper back. 

"Uh," You wipe a hand over your mouth, "Yeah." You let yourself fall onto your butt before wrapping an arm around Spider-Man's shoulders. 

"Up we go," He whispers, helping you to your feet. "Here," He mumbles, as he lifts you into his arms. He carries you down the fire escape and maneuvers his way through your window with you. He gently lays you on your bed and turns on his heel to leave.

"Hey!" You call out, softly, reaching out. You smile when he turns to look at you. "Thank you."

"Of course,"

"C'mere," You wave him over. 

He slowly steps over and kneels down, "What is it?" Before he can properly react, you pull his mask up just enough to reveal his cheek, cup his face, and plant a kiss on his cheek.

"Goodnight," You whisper before turning around and covering yourself up with your blankets.

Peter mindlessly wanders out of your room and up to the roof as he holds a hand over the cheek you kissed. He keeps mindlessly walking with his hand over his cheek before he steps off the roof. He quickly pulls his mask down and swings back home. A warmness stays on his cheek for the rest of the night.