Tender Prince- Loki

pairing: teen!loki and male!teen!servant!reader
summary: you've been a servant boy all ur life loki takes a liking to you and u become bffs, he even confides in frigga about you, and one day u show up to meet him with a black eye, he's not happy about that, you share an intimate moment after :')
genre: fluff just fluff, tiny, tiny smidge of angst
requested: nope!
warnings: teen loki, tender loki, maybe ooc frigga i love her but i've never written her before so, kisses, awkward teens being awkward
a/n: god i watched the 5th ep of loki and AHHHH dw no spoilers the episode just gave me some absolutely intense loki feels and i wrote this in one night and edited the next day lol come get y'all juice loki stans!!

Working in the kingdom is a lot more fun than people would think. All of the other servants treat you well mainly due to your mother working with them but nonetheless. You get to watch the young princes as they learn magic and learn to fight among many other things. Seeing as Thor is as friendly as one can be, you sometimes even get to taste of their royal feasts. Life is easy and everything is well. 

Everything becomes even better when Loki begins to notice you and becomes quite curious about you. He gets jealous of your attention being on Thor when he merely slips you food from dinner and so, he makes it his mission to gain your favor. He does quite easily. He tries gifting you books, slipping you trinkets, and even going out of his way to do one or two of your tasks for you but what really wins you over is his magic. He shows a simple spell and with that you're like a dog trailing behind him, waiting for your next treat.

After winning you from his brother, Loki actually realizes how good of a friend you are. You two grow a bit closer through whatever duties you're to do for him but this isn't enough for Loki. He promptly invites you to play with him and (reluctantly) his brother, too. To say your mom's surprised is an understatement. Soon after, Loki invites you to train alongside him and his brother. This is how the next few years go until you two grow to be teenagers.

Now, you're less of a servant and more of a third son to Frigga and even a bit to Odin. You do as told then wait around for Loki to be free, even hanging out with Thor occasionally but he's usually busy with his own friends. You still spar and practice magic with the brothers even though the only magic you can produce is small tricks like changing a rock into a frog or a stick into a bouquet of flowers. That's why you always watch Loki intensely during his mother's magic lessons. You wish to be as skilled as him someday. 

When it comes to sparring, you're no match for either brother, and you're perfectly okay with that. You didn't really know what use you would ever have for fighting anyway. But both brothers still encourage you to put more effort into it, Thor's reasoning being to beat him in a sparring match and Loki's being that you never know when you might need to defend yourself. You shrug both off. You know you're no warrior and you're not one to pick fights, especially ones you can't finish. Besides, to you, magic is far superior to combat.

---

You sit next to Loki, your legs out in front of you as you lean back onto your arms. Loki sits the same way. You're both watching the sky. Oranges and yellows dance across the horizon while a looming purple waits for the sun to finally rest and the moon to come out. The wind blows softly, just enough to gently tousle your hair and cool you from the sun beating down on your face and body. The moment is quiet apart from the whistle of the wind. Loki breaks the silence, sitting up, and turning toward you, "Y/n."

"Yes, dear?" You turn your head, smiling at him.

"What if you were to be a prince?" 

You furrow your brows, "Like you?"

"Yes," He nods. He crisscrosses his legs before spinning himself to fully face you. He leans in as he speaks, "What if you were in line to be king? What would you do if you ruled Asgard?"