Chapter 57

Tony's POV

I took the week off. I had to get things off my mind. I hadn't talked or seen her since I caught her and McGee. She called me, left me many messages. I just couldn't get myself to hit the answer button. I hadn't spoken to McGee either: why should I?

Monday morning I was the first one in, even before Gibbs. I was catching up on emails when I heard the elevator ding. McGee looked up at me then looked straight at the floor, walking over to his desk. The boss walked in and threw a big folder of papers on my desk.

"You two. Look over that." He ordered.

I looked over and McGee.

"Maybe he should take it. I have emails to catch up on." I said.

Gibbs glared at me.

"Did I stutter Dinozzo?"

"We'll no boss it's just-"

"Just what?! I don't know what is going on, and I don't want to know. But you need to get your crap together and figure it out! You're a team, you're MY team, and I won't settle for fighting. You understand me!?" He yelled.

McGee and I looked at him shocked. We both nodded.

"Boss, this is a file of probies? We have a full team?" I questioned.

He shook his head.

"She turned in her badge this morning."

I looked over at McGee, as he was doing the same. We both grabbed our jackets and bags and rushed for the elevator.