Chapter 115

The head doctor walked into Tony's room.

"You going to tell me what's going on now?" I asked.

"You have been here for a week and have yet to get the contagious virus. We were curious as to how that was possible, which is why we asked about the medicines you take. We contacted your doctor and got ahold of the drug. We sent it to the lab here on base where they broke it down into individual components. We think we found what we need to stop this virus, which would also explain why you haven't gotten it. It is already in your system." He said, laying a small bottle on the table in front of me.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes ma'am. And considering we wouldn't have figured it out without you, we'd like your husband to be the first to receive the treatment." He said.

"Yes! Please!" I stood up and walked to Tony's bedside.

The doctor walked to the other side and gave Tony the treatment through his I.V.

Two days later Tony was completely healthy and ready for discharge. The doctor walked in.

"You are good to go Mr. Dinozzo. But go home. We have experts on the subject here. Go be with your family." He said.

"Yes sir. Thanks for the help doc." He shook his hand.

"And thank you Mrs. Dinozzo. Who knows where we would be if it weren't for you."

I nodded and shook his hand, and like that we were on a plane headed back to the U.S.

I sat in the seat closest to the window, lost in the clouds. I felt something touch my hand. I looked over. Tony wrapped my hand in his and was staring at me.

"You saved me." He said.

"Not really. My medicine did."

"I was a jerk. You didn't have to come. But because you did, I'm alive. You saved me." He kissed my cheek.

I smiled.

We were interrupted my the ring of my phone.

"Hello? Yes ma'am. Wait, what? What? But.. There is a pudge. Then why am I sick? Ok, thanks. Bye." I hung up.

"What was that about?" Tony asked.

"That was the doctor. They got the samples mixed up. I'm not pregnant." I said.

"Then why are you sick?"

"Just a side effect of that medicine. But.. There is a pudge." I frowned.

Tony smirked.

"Sweetie, you did just have a baby not too long ago"