Chapter 112

I hadn't heard from Tony in three days. I decided to check the house. No one home. My next stop was the office.

I rode the elevator up. McGee and Gibbs were sitting at desks in the squad room. I had Emerson with me considering I hadn't been to work.

"Have you guys seen Tony?" I asked.

McGee looked over at Gibbs. I knew something was wrong.

"What?" I asked.

"Tony left 2 days ago. He's over at that basic training camp." McGee said as he avoided all eye contact.

I stared at him. He could be gone for weeks, years. He could never return home. And I never even said goodbye.

I nodded and sucked in my cheeks attempting not to show my emotions. I headed back towards the elevator.

"Hey." Gibbs said.

I ignored him as I stepped into the elevator.

The next couple weeks I planned my trip. It took so long because I was hiding it from everyone.

I knocked on the door. Easton opened it and invited me in.

"You sure you can do this?" I asked.

He nodded.

"If I'm at school, Liz is home. If Liz is at school, I'm home. We will take good care of her. Won't we Emmy?" He said and he took her from me.

"Where are you going anyway? And where is dad?" He asked.

Easton had no idea what was happening. The government was keeping on the DL and I hadn't told him.

"He is at home packing. He says he loves you. We are going on a little trip for a while." I answered.

He nodded.

"Have fun. I'll see you in a couple days."

I left directly from Easton's to go to the airport. I flew out to the camp that night.