Chapter 107

I walked into the kitchen bouncy a very fussy baby. The clock read 2:36 A.M. Before I could make it to the kitchen, a light caught my eye. I walked into the living room to find Easton sitting on the floor surrounded by papers.

"Sweetie what are you doing? It's after 2 in the morning!" I said.

"Mom can I ask you something?" He asked asked.

"Sure." I sat on the floor beside him, still bouncing Emerson.

"How do I know I'm making the right choice?"

"Well, if your heart screams yes, then it's the right choice." I answered.

He stared at the multiple papers in his hands and covering the floor. He handed a letter to me. I opened it and skimmed the page.

"You got the scholarship to Stanford? That is so great! I'm so proud of you!" I cheered.

"I'm not taking it." He sighed.

"Why not?"

"Liz can't afford Stanford. Where ever she is, I am. A 4 year relationship is just too valuable to give up over a fancy school. I love her, and I don't think I could live without her." He said, staring at his acceptance letter.

I rubbed his back lightly.

"I'm proud of you. I think you are making the right choice Easton. And you want to know something that might make you feel better?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Your dad was just as smart as you. Cooper had so many scholarship opportunities, but he chose your mom." I smiled.

"Really?" He asked.

I nodded.

He laid his head on my shoulder.

"Growing up sucks." He pouted.

I pulled him close and hugged him.

"I know sweetie. Trust me, if it were my choice I'd keep all of you little forever. I thought you two leaving would be a two year process. Now Aiden is leaving the same time you are for basic training. I'm loosing both of my boys." I frowned.

He nodded and held his arms out for the baby.

"I'll take her while you fix her bottle." He said.

I laid her in his arms and headed to the kitchen. I walked back to the living room with a warm bottle. Easton had moved to the couch and was making faces at Emerson. She was grinning up at him and waving her little fist. I smiled.

"You want to feed her?" I asked.

He nodded and took the bottle from me, setting Emerson up and feeding her.

"Is it good Emmy?" He asked.

"Emmy?" I asked.

He shrugged.

"I think that's what I'm going to call her."

I smiled.

"So are you ready for tomorrow?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Cap and gown are hanging up in my room."

"I can't believe my baby is graduating tomorrow!" I frowned.