Chapter 97

We were all sitting at work twiddling our thumbs until the clock struck 2. We had no ongoing case so we were all leaving early. I felt McGee staring in my direction. I looked over at him.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"I'm trying to decide."

"Decide what?"

"What the baby is!"

"Well can you stop? You're creeping me out. And don't tell me what you think either! I don't need any spoilers." I glared.

"That's actually where we are headed after this. And then this weekend we will have a gender revealing party at the new house. 2 birds, one stone." Tony said.

"Yea, so don't make any plans for tomorrow night. You ready Tony?" I asked.

He nodded and we headed out of the building.

"Mrs. Dinozzo?" I hear a light voice call my name.

Tony and I followed the nurse back to the room. I laid back in the chair as Tony and I waited.

"This is so crazy. 17 years later and I'm doing this all over again." I said.

"Worth it though, right?" Tony asked.

"Well duh."

The door opened slowly. My doctor walked into the room.

"Hey guys. How are you?" She asked.

"Good. And yourself?" Tony asked.

"Great. So today we are going to check the heartbeat and just make sure everything is ok. We can also figure out the gender if you are wanting to." She said.

"Please and thank you." I said.

"Alrighty. Let's see what we got."

She placed the cold gel on my stomach and rubbed it it with the transducer. It wasn't long before we heard the constant thump of the babies heart. I looked up at Tony. He looked down and smiled, grabbing my hand.

"Alright for the moment of truth." She said, moving the transducer around attempting to get a better picture.

"Congratulations, it's a -"