Chapter 93

"Welcome back." Gibbs handed me my badge and gun.  

"Now go home. I don't want to see either of you at this office until next Monday. Understand?" He asked.

We both nodded. We headed towards the elevator.

"I'm ready for real food!" He smiled.

"Yea you need it."

"Shut up."

"Everything looks the same." He said as he opened the apartment door.

"Couldn't get myself to change anything. Go clean up. I'll make some breakfast."

I shut the front door behind me and headed towards the kitchen. He grabbed my arm before I could make it.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

I stood in silence.

"Talk to me." He said.

"I'm not ok Tony. You have been gone for 12 years. If we say we can just come back after that long and act as if nothing ever happened, we'd be lying to ourselves."

"I don't agree. I love you just as much as that day I left. And I was willing to come back and act the exact same way. Guess I can't say that about you."

"I don't love you any less Tony. I'm just lost, confused. I want what we had, it just seems hard to get after so long." I sighed.

He pulled me close to him.

"I love you. I never stopped loving you. I need you to let me prove that to you." He kissed me in that way that made my entire body tingle.

I just simply nodded.

"I'm gonna get cleaned up. We can finish this later." He smiled and walked off.

I made some breakfast with a smile on my face.

"Hey sweetie?" I head Tony yell from the bedroom.

I headed that way.

"What is all this?" He asked, sorting through a stack of papers on the dresser.

"Nothing nothing. Just some doctor stuff." I took it from him.

"What kind of doctor stuff?"

"Nothing important."

"Are you sick?"

"What? No! I'm fine Tony I promise."

"Then tell me!" He demanded.

"Three years after you left the doctor from New York called me. The one that watched over me when I was pregnant with Aiden. They have a new drug that can potentially fix my problem allowing me to carry a baby to term and not be at danger. Like I said, it doesn't matter anymore." I shoved the papers into a junk drawer.

"Let's do it." He said.

"Wait. What?" I turned towards him.

"Let's do it. Why not?"

"Tony that's a huge decision. Maybe 9 years ago when the boys were only 8 and 9. But by the time I have the baby they will be 17 and 18. That's a huge gap. Plus they might not want that and-"

My words were cut off by Tony's lips.

"Then we will talk to them first. If they are ok with it, let's have a baby." He smiled.