Chapter 1 - Oxfordshire

Dear Emily,

    Mum says you can visit in a day or so, she wasn't very clear about her words. Reckon Dumbledore advised her to do something or other; maybe that's why she seems a bit jumpy about the subject. Just Owl me your address and I'll pick you up whenever. Ginny's been asking for you, and Fred, and George...So in short, the entire household.

Also, Ron's bugging me over my shoulder as I'm writing this letter to you. He's saying something about a candy bar? I'm not particularly sure of what he means, but he keeps saying that you bring him that triangular bar of chocolate that you bought last year before the start of term. Ron says it has this long, triangular yellow box-packaging. Such an odd bloke, my brother; Anyways, see you soon.

                                                                               With all my love, Percy x

I remember bringing several bars of Toblerone for the Burrow last year before leaving for the Quidditch Cup. I originally planned for the Weasleys, Hermione, and Harry to have them but surprisingly, Ron became obsessed with the chocolate and ate the whole lot. He's been discreetly giving me hints to get him some more over the school year last year, I tried to bribe him with some Honeydukes chocolate instead but he wouldn't budge.

"Here you are, Hayley," I said, handing her a mouse to eat before sending her off to Percy with a letter enclosing my new address, "Safe travels." I watched Hayley fly off to the bright, cloudless summer sky, only going back to my room when she looked like a tiny spot.

Ever since I got back home, I had trouble sleeping. I kept tossing and turning, making me fall out of my bed and sleep on the floor instead. Aunt Minerva insisted that I get a bigger bed but since that required a bigger room, we moved houses. We now live in this comfy cottage just outside of Oxfordshire, lovely neighbourhood really. We have a nice family of Muggles living next door to us the Adamsons are a lovely bunch. Mr & Mrs Adamson have a son (Dan) who's about Fred & George's age and a daughter (Ella) not older than I am.

And two houses down from where Aunt Minerva and I are living is where Professor Sprout lives! Her house is this adorable little cottage covered in green ivy with healthy flowering plants all over her front lawn. Also, there's a family of wizards living opposite us, the Winchesters. Sadly, Mrs Winchester died two years ago, leaving Mr Winchester to take care of his family of 6 daughters. They seem like a good bunch, Mr Winchester's daughters Samantha, Dean, Mary, Cassandra, Ruby, and Jo, study at a Wizarding school in Canada. That was the first time I heard that there were Wizarding schools in Canada.

So far, I haven't been having dreams about Cedric, or to be more specific having nightmares about the entire third task. I'd like to think it's because it was all over but if I was being completely honest, it was because of a dreamless sleep potion. Sometimes, I do get dreams of Cedric and about that archway of which I have no clue about, and I think Harry gets them too. I mean, he feels my pain, right? What if he can see my dreams?

What if he feels everything that I feel? Like that rush when I kiss Percy, that would be totally weird for him. Can he feel my menstrual cramps? That would be hell on earth for him.

"Emily," Aunt Minerva said, knocking on my door, "I'll be going to Professor Sprout's for afternoon tea, will you be fine here alone?" She asked as she looked around my room. I had hung various sketches of Hayley and Hedwig, Fawkes, and other magical creatures in my room. Not to mention I had picture frames here and there, with photographs of me with Blaise, Aunt and Minerva and me when I was 10, and other group photos with Luna, the Weasleys, Harry, and my friends at Beauxbatons and Durmstrang.