Chapter 19 - Draught of Peace

GALLEONS OF GALLEONS!

POCKET MONEY FAILING TO KEEP PACE WITH YOUR OUTGOINGS?

LIKE TO EARN A LITTLE EXTRA GOLD?

CONTACT EMILY POTTER,

SLYTHERIN COMMON ROOM,

FOR SIMPLE, PART-TIME, VIRTUALLY PAINLESS JOBS

(WE REGRET THAT ALL WORK IS UNDERTAKEN AT APPLICANT'S OWN RISK)

Emily crumpled the piece of parchment instantly, scowling at the Weasley twins, "I am not going to post this on my house's common room board! You must be bloody mad – "

"But we need more testers." Fred reasoned, taking the crumpled ball from her hand, "Besides, it's only for a small while."

"No, that's my final answer. Most of my house mates loath you two," Said Emily lowering her voice, "And do you really think it's a smart move to pay Slytherins to test your products when Draco is the Prefect? I'm doing you two idiots a favour, do not hire any Slytherins."

George sighed, his hands placed on his hips, "What do you reckon we should do? We can't sell anything if they haven't been tested properly – "

"Only hire Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs. You want to know why? Because you two are in Gryffindor, people like you there. Slytherin hates you. Ravenclaws are smart enough to not fall for this. And, Hufflepuffs are good people, you can trust them." Emily said knowingly, "And another thing, do not hire first years. Only third years and above, why you may ask? Because they go to Hogsmeade and if they do go to Hogsmeade, they need Galleons."

Fred looked at her in approval, nudging George's shoulder, "Lee has loads of friends in Hufflepuff we can manage that, right?"

"Okay, I'm glad to be of help to you two. Unfortunately, I have to go to the Quidditch pit so if you don't mind – "

"Oh, Fred and I were about to head there as well," George said, "Angelina's the new team captain."

"Good for her," She said with a bright smile for she had always liked Angelina Johnson, she was a good Keeper, "It's not going to be the same without Wood though." Said Emily followed by the wistful sighs of Fred and George.

Footsteps began to echo throughout the hallway, the three turned around and saw Blaise Zabini running towards them. The fifth year Slytherin slowed his pace as Emily had stopped walking, "Em, change of venue. The team is meeting up in the common room instead, come on." Said Blaise catching his breath in between words, "You'll never believe what the team captain did."

"I'll catch up with you guys later, yeah? Bye!" Emily ran for her life, dragging Blaise by his hand. As soon as Fred and George were out of earshot, she thanked her friend for saving her from them.

"I love those two to death but talking about business and management and all that droll makes me want to sleep for a decade," She vented, running faster, "I mean, I am really all up to support them in their venture but I'm just not cut for that, you know?"

Blaise nodded along, gasping for air, "Can we just stop running and sit down for a moment? The Quidditch meet-up is done anyways, we don't have to go anywhere soon." They went in an empty classroom and sat in chairs with their legs placed high up on the desks. Emily asked Blaise what had happened earlier in the meeting, eager to find out what the drastic changes were.

"The team captain put Crabbe and Goyle as the Beaters – "

"WHY THAT LITTLE – "

"But he branded you as the new Seeker." He added before Emily could add any colourful words to her sentence, "That's great, right?"