Chapter 13 - Dinner with the Dawlishs

(The picture above depicts what Emily & Percy look like under the Glamour Charm)

"What's the name of Jason's wife again?" Emily asked, brushing her rogue head of hair, "I don't know why but I keep forgetting... Anna? Andrea? Alexandra?"

It was the day after Harry's trial; and Jason had invited Percy and Emily to double date. Naturally, this was the first time Emily was going to meet one of her boyfriend's office friends, and she was beyond giddy. Her nerves were hay wired with intense anxiety, she wasn't even sure if she could handle dinner with Jason and his wife.

"Percy? Darling, are you all right?" She asked upon realizing that he had a gruff expression upon his face, looking deep in thought as he glowered at the window of his flat. Emily slid her hand to his cheek, turning him to face her, "What's wrong?"

He forced a small grin, removing her hand away from his cheek, holding it instead in his grasp, "We need to go to the doctor, Em."

"Why? Are you ill?"

"No, I'm perfectly healthy-"

"Then what is this fuss all about?" And then, it all made sense to her somehow. Emily saw the look of worry on his face, she sighed, "I'm not pregnant, Percy."

"That is the thing, Em. How do you know for sure? How do we know for sure? Babies in the Wizarding world develop very differently compared to Muggle babies, they – they grow in a span of 7 months rather than 9, and did you know that mothers that bear magical children are more likely to die in childbed-"

Emily held Percy by his shoulders, hushing him to complete silence, "You need to calm down, love." She then felt the heaviness in his presence, the burden in his shoulders, "Tell you what, we still have 6 hours until this dinner with Jason and what's her face. How about we go to a doctor and get ourselves checked, and then we can get on with our lives?"

The moment Percy nodded, agreeing to what she had said; Emily further explained that they should go to a Muggle doctor about their situation seeing that having a Healer would be all too risky.

"We can't have rumours about us, especially about a pregnancy scare. Having a Muggle doctor who is oblivious to who we are is the best way to go-"

"What about that chap at St. Mungo's? Ah, that Healer named Thomas; I reckon you two are on good terms?"

"Yes but I'm not overly eager of it. People will see us together entering St. Mungo's, Percy. What if a Rita Skeeter-esque Wizard or Witch gets their grubby hands on our medical record?"

Percy suggested the idea of casting glamour charms over them to hide their true identity. She was hesitant of the plan but soon gave in, concluding that he had a good point of going to a Healer instead of a Muggle doctor.

"You better make me look better than I already am, Percy." Emily joked, sitting still as she watched her boyfriend ready his wand to cast the glamour charm, "Go on with it." A shower of gold sparks emerged from his wand, the light showering Emily from the top of her head to the bottom of her feet. A tingling sensation floated around her presence, the spell took effect immediately. Once that the air cleared out of the light and the gold sparks, she stood up, feeling light headed, and tipsy.