Chapter 8 - Percy Weasley

Author's Note: A part has been omitted for this chapter to be appropriate for all readers of all ages. 

Travelling via the Floo Network was the least favourite mode of transportation for Emily. She had a great dislike of the sinking feeling, of how it felt like she was being dragged by her stomach into a dark abyss. It was the price she had to pay for spending time with Percy, even if it made her queasy.

"You can open your eyes now." He whispered into her ear, making gooseflesh dot Emily's arms and a faint shade of pink appearing on her cheeks. Percy led her out of the fireplace and into the living room of his flat.

Emily's eyes looked around the spacious flat it was nothing like she had expected it to be. Various book shelves lined the walls, fine velvet and leather couches furnished the living room, rich dark furs served as rugs on the mahogany floors...How much was the Ministry paying him? A thought that came in mind, but she shushed it away as Percy saw how she was flabbergasted by the sight.

"I gather you've been doing very well in the Ministry," Emily says, walking about the living room, looking at the lovely view out of the vast window which had a great view of Big Ben, "Oh, I'm so proud of you." She walks towards him finally, hugging him once again, and nuzzling into his neck.

Percy stared at the girl in his arms, the girl who could possibly be the death of him. How much he wanted her to be only his ate him whole, it made him made of how much he wanted to savour every minute they spent together. He could smell the faint scent of vanilla and apples as he held her close to him, her perfume made him deeply intoxicated.

Emily looked up at the man holding her, catching a look from him of adoration. She let her hand pull at his neck, and then slowly slide to his jaw in order to kiss him. She gave in to him with her whole being, the softness of his touch sent shivers down her spine, how he had held her with strong arms made her felt like flying over the moon, and how he had looked at her with love she had never known before.

When the kiss broke, Percy kept her in his arms as he took her for a tour of his flat. Explaining how it was first Jason Dawlish's flat, and that he had given it to him shortly after he had married his wife during the summer. It wasn't Malfoy Manor, but it had given Emily a vibe of a home and assured her security, and that was enough for her.

"Here's the best part, you're going to love this." Percy says, opening a door in the hallway leading to his bedroom. It was a room furnished with a dresser, a large wardrobe, a queen sized bed fitted with what Emily assumed was goose feather bedding, and a sizeable bookcase filled with leather-bound books. He escorted her inside the room and in it she saw another door, and it led to a glamorous bathroom equipped with a three-piece vanity set, a bath tub, towels, bath products Emily has never heard of but believed that they were miracle workers judging by their labels, and other toiletries.

"What is all of this?" Emily asks, still oblivious. She had had an idea of what he might be showing her, but it seemed too good to be true. He laughed wholeheartedly, kissing her forehead, "This is your room, love. Happy birthday." Percy said, leading her out of the bathroom and back again into her bedroom, "This is a safe place for you, Em. I had that room furnished by an interior designer Jason sent to me, I had this room made with the intention of you staying here whenever you like. If you want to get away from it all, you can stay here. Let's say you want to stay here for the holidays, you want to run away from your home after a nasty fight with your Aunt, or just whatever. My home is your home now. This flat is completely secured with anti-theft and anti-intrusion charms, so don't worry about any thing."

A massive wave of appreciation showered over her upon hearing how Percy had thought of her every step of the way, even when he had the most time consuming job he never ceased to make a home for her. Percy had informed her that Jason's wife (Amanda) was a Muggle fashion designer, and that he had asked her to pick out a few outfits for a small stock in Emily's wardrobe.