Chapter 33 - Dreaming nightmares

After dinner, Emily and Draco had made a little nest to themselves out of a few goose down comforters and a small hill of pillows and laid there on the terrace of Draco's room. Emily had her back supported by the tons of pillows making it comfortable for her to watch the celestial night sky. She had him lying on top of her with his back against her so that they could both admire the stars, her arms draped around Draco in a loose hug.

He felt the happiest he had ever been when she was with him. Draco was able to hear the steady rhythm of her heart and it brought him great joy, mainly because it had reminded him how insanely fortunate he was that the one person he truly adores and loves also reciprocated these feelings. He clung onto the arms of the girl behind him, cherishing every second they were together.

"I like how cool your parents are with you and me being in the same room together after dark, they must really trust you," Emily said with a hint of speculation. He scoffed, "Why d'you reckon I left the door open?" Draco said followed by a short laugh, "Mum would have a fit if I had it closed. Even if she weren't here, she'd know."

It was her first time to stay for Christmas at Malfoy Manor, and Draco's parents received her with open arms. That is before they left for France. The pair thought they would be free from adults, but then Draco's cousins Eleanor and Edgar had arrived and stayed in the manor. They occupied the two rooms down the hall nearby Draco's and Emily's.

"I think your mum sent Eleanor and Edgar to watch over us." She said jokingly.

"Knowing my mother, I bet she did." Right at that moment Draco sat up and faced Emily. She did the same her curiosity peaked by his sudden movement. "I want to marry you someday." He said truthfully, delicately encasing Emily's hand in his grasp, "Someday." She felt the heat radiate to her cheeks as she heard his words. It wasn't the first time Draco made such a promise to her. Emily could clearly recall the first time he did a few years ago with an actual engagement ring. It was a ridiculous seeing that they were only 11 years old at the time, but now that they had gotten to know each other the possibility of them having to spend their lives together had significantly increased.

"I know. We're 13 years old with absolutely no bloody clue what life has in store for us, but I'm positive that I won't be living the life I want if you're not in it." He said taking Emily's hand to his lips, "You mean the world to me, Em."

Emily thought his words to be true and she didn't contradict with him because she also believed that they had so much potential in the future. Sure, it was partially ridiculous seeing that they were far too young but it feels refreshing to believe in themselves and in their relationship. Emily leaned forward and kissed Draco's forehead, a smile lingering on her lips, "I love you too."

"Emily Potter, miss!"

She awoke with a start. The candles had all been extinguished in the common room, but there was something moving close by. "Who's there?" said Emily, sitting upright on the common room couch. The fire was almost extinguished, the room very dark. "Dobby has your tea, miss!" said a squeaky voice.

"Dobby?" said Emily thickly, peering through the gloom toward the source of the voice. Dobby the house-elf was standing beside the table on which a tea tray was settled accompanied with a small assortment of macaroons. "But I didn't ask for tea, Dobby."

"Dobby visited Gryffindor tower where he returned Sir Harry Potter's owl." said the elf squeakily, with a look of positive adoration on his face. He sank into a deep bow so that his pencil-like nose brushed the threadbare surface of the hearthrug, "Dobby did not mean to startle Miss Potter, he and Tiny were only doing what Sir Harry Potter asked of them – "