Book III1 Chapter Forty-Nine

Chapter Forty-Nine : Ticket 

5 CHAPTERS LEFT!

      "So who initiated the relationship?" Janna nudges me by the side a bit too forceful than intended, but I'm pretty she meant that blow. After all, she went nuts after she found out I was dating Marco.

Sometimes I do feel Janna is scary with how obsessed or invested she is to my progression of romance, but I guess she's just looking out for me? I hope that's the case.

It's still a shock to me, but what matters now is that my feelings have finally reached him. What seemed so impossible, became a reality.

"It's not about who initiated really," I sheepishly waved my hands, watching their eyes burn at me.

I stole a glance at Marco who sat far from us, looking faraway with hands on his palm. He's still a bit upset I told everyone without giving him a warning.

I could kind of understand why. My friends will bite him down until he's got nothing left. But I couldn't help it. I was happy. Jackie smiles, glancing at me. "So, how did Marco told you his feelings?"

"I bet he was trying to seem all cool," Janna snorted, then proceeded to mimic Marco with a low tone. "—I can't live without you. You are my star."

"That's not how I said it! Stop making things up!" Marco screeched from his seat and Janna chuckles.

"So, how exactly did it happen?" Jackie squeals, leaning forward like we're having a girl's talk. "---did he kiss you? Said some sweet words?"

"Ugh, I'm going to puke," Janna commented, pretending to hurl.

Jackie waves her off, urging me. "Well?"

I blushed, a chuckle escaped my lips as I fiddled with my fingers. "He called me to the park. And you know..one thing led to another, he told me 'indirectly'.... he loves me."

"Then he kissed you?" Jackie inquired, fan-girling at the moment. I scratched my cheeks then meekly muttered. "Yeah."

Janna sprung up from her seat and went to where Marco was, wrapping her arm in Marco's neck like a deathly grip. "Didn't know you were a lover boy, Marco Diaz."

"I'm going to choke!" Marco wheezes, with Janna still laughing in pure evil.

"Hey, Hey! Hands off her, Diaz! You leech!" a voice chimes in from not far away and we turned to find Tom huffing, strutting near to us. "—you lil shortie!"

"Like you're any better, Casanova!" Marco choked, still trying to remove Janna's grip on him.

"Okay, somehow this turned into a love triangle...?" Jackie replied, confused as she eyed the three of time. "—is there something going on with Janna and Tom?"

I stared at the two bickering, then smiled. "I don't doubt that possibility. They'd be good for each other."

Jackie stares at me like I'm insane, then bursts into fits of chuckles. "I can just about imagine the chaos they're going to bring."

"I second that."

"Congrats, Star," Tom finally glanced at my direction and flashes me a small smile, all the while holding Janna to his arms. I know that's supposed to look sweet and romantic, but it looks terrifying. Janna looks like she's going to scratch Tom if she wiggles out of his hold.

  "Yeah..thanks," I smile, quite concerned about their weird complex. Not like I'm any different. '--anything happened between you and Janna, Tom?"

  "Us?" he repeats, then sounds casually, as if it wasn't a big deal at all. "--oh, we're dating."

  Silence. It's as if the noise and ruckus from our circle suddenly vanished about what Tom just said, especially with a casual look. Marco has his eyes widened upon Tom's revelation and it was the same for us. I was speechless. Since when did they get so close? As far I've known, they hated each other. They only knew how to blackmail people, but who knows.

    "I did not consent to that!" Janna screeches, finally slapping Tom's arm that wrapped around her, making the hold loosen and Janna takes a few steps back, a disgusted look on her face. "---anyway, it's nothing of a big deal. Even if we are 'dating'," she quote-on-quote, making finger quotations. 

    "---It's nothing but because I lost."

  "You lost?" I say in surprise. It's even more surprising than them dating. Janna never lost...until now.

  "Yeah," she casually shrugs. "--so I have to be his girlfriend or whatever. As long as he doesn't get in my way, I don't give a damn."

  "I'm still here, you know?" Tom pipes up from behind her.

 "Exactly."

  "Wow, is it surprise day?" Jackie butted in, eyes slightly still wide from the shock. "---what's with these revelations? I feel so left out. You should've told me guys."

   "Well, are you pregnant?" Janna inquired, fixing her beanie. "---then that's great."

   "I'm not pregnant!" Jackie fumes, her face crimson red. "---geez Janna, stop cursing me."

"What? We don't know," she shrugs, then takes a vacant seat from across me, crossing her arms. "--now that's out of the way. What now?"

  "Want to go somewhere this weekend, then?" Jackie chirped, clasping both of her palms. "--as a celebration for my friends' romance!"

   "That's kinda embarrassing saying it out loud," Marco grumbled.

   "Uhm, Jackie?" I trailed off.

  "Yeah?"

I darted a spare glance on Marco who looked far away. "We can't attend your offer."

"Why not?" she raises a brow.

"Oh I know," Janna smiles mischievously, then points her fingers at both me and Marco. "--you're going on a date, right?"

   My cheeks turned red, caught by surprise and how keen Janna was. Janna smirks, huffing. "Well, well, we shouldn't disturb the love birds."

   "Hm, then would you like to go Janna, Tom?" Jackie asked the two sly partner and they both shrugged.

   Then Jackie grins. "Enjoy your date then, Starco."

October 10, 2020

I knowwww this is like the most sloppy update, but I'm going to be very busy so I wrote with what I can manage in a span of time. Updates are postponed since we'll be having exams. With that, see ya !