Kill or Kiss Me?! II|Do You Like Me Too?

Chapter Twenty-Eight -
Do You Like Me Too?

Quick survey : Which Starco story of mine is your favourite? Kind of curious, but I'm not forcing anyone to answer.

"You’re the birthday girl, so I’m doing this,” he murmured as we walked alongside the basement room.

Janna was tagging along because I for one knew our basement as much as it terrified  me with what creepy things it would be lurking untouched.

Our basement door was looked on the outside. Not to mention it was faulty; so if you accidentally stepped into it with the door slamming behind you, you know that  you're going to be stuck there unless someone from the outside opens it.

As a child, I was very stupid. I used to cause chaos and roam around, let's just say being locked onto that creepy and dark basement was enough to stop me from ever playing around.

We finally arrived in front of the basement. I turn around to remind Janna. “Hold this door. It’ll lock us if you don’t.”

“Okie dok,” Janna grinned with a malicious glint on her eyes but I couldn't catch onto that.

I take a deep breath and turned the knob of the door open. I cough as I immediately get washed over the dusty and old smell of the basement.

Remind me why we never clean this part of the house. I glanced at Marco and he without a haste, takes a step on the stairs of the basement. I followed, taking a step as he was in front of me.

I was about to say something when the door creaks and before I knew it, the door slammed shut on us. My eyes widened as I pounded on the door furiously. “Janna! Don’t play with me right now!”

I was visibly shaken right now. The basement was dark and even though there was sunlight seeping from the closed windows, it was still eerie to me.

I banged my fists more desperate, sweat trickled down my temple as I hear Janna’s footsteps fade away.

I hear a tongue click, and turned my head to see Marco shoving his hands beneath his jeans. “That Janna. I knew she was up to something.”

I sigh. “I'm sorry, Marco.”

“You’re not at fault, so it's fine,” he responded. “—so basically your present down here is a lie, isn’t it?”

I nod. “Knowing her, I’d say yes.”

Marco kicked off the ground with his left foot, cursing. “I swear I'd get back that sneaky girl.”

He sees a stool from the far corner and drags it, takes a seat and crosses his arms while glancing at me. “So what are you gonna do? Stand around the entire time?”

I opened my mouth. “I don't have any choice.”

He rolls his eyes. “There’s another stool, dummy. Take a seat will you?”

I frown. “I'm not a dummy, you are. Remember, I aced those exams and you lost.”

He huffed. “You only got ahead by three points. It doesn’t count.”

“It does!”

“It doesn’t!”

“Uh-Huh!”

He groans, massaging the flesh in between his eyes. “Why am I even fighting with you? Just grab the chair and pray that weirdo will open the dang door.”

I nod as I take the steps downwards and finally met the floor, then grabbed the stool across him and dragged it, sitting beside him.

I didn't know what to say to him. It wasn't always that we were alone and that didn't help knowing I had feelings for him. He probably doesn't and it's fine, I guess?