Kill or Kiss Me?! II |Missing You

Chapter Twenty-Four
Missing You

Since you voted and commented on the last chapters, I felt like I need to give what you all deserved...

A new update! A reward for all you readers :)

Today was the day of the group mixer. If I needed to get a good, charming tall boyfriend, then I must look presentable in front of them. I must act lady-like and make sure to be polite at all times.

I pulled out from my drawer the red, sleeveless dress with ribbon on the top that I almost never wore, pink heels that matched the dress and tied my hair into a ponytail with a bow.

I applied some light lip gloss to make my lips alive, some blush-on and attempted to try to put a mascara on but I guess it’s not really obvious that I somehow messed up.

I take a step back and stare at my reflection on the mirror. I look alright. Pretty would be an overstatement, but I look better than usual.

The colour red makes my blue eyes pop out and I grin, satisfied with my overall transformation.

I head downstairs, glancing at the wall clock that said five o’clock. Well, we planned to meet up by five thirty so that gives me a little bit more time to head there without worrying about anything.

I made my way towards the front door, but hurried upstairs since I forgot my white purse.

Today was the day. I’ll finally get myself a boyfriend!

                                   . . .

While riding the taxi, countless of scenarios popped up my mind and I couldn’t help but be so excited.

What if the guy I met would be my future husband? What if I really do like him and I finally would get to do things couples do. Like hold hands, kiss and hug.

I couldn’t contain the smile that was fighting its way through my lips.

The taxi comes to a stop and I pay the fare, opening the door as I stare at the Karaoke building. I put my foot down and closed the door behind me as the taxi drifts off onto the street.

I fish for my phone around my purse and text Janna and Jackie where they were.

A second later, they replied. “Right behind you.”

I turn around and see both of them smiling at me. As usual Jackie looked pretty as ever and Janna wore the same usual clothes she always wore.

Jackie speaks up, smiling at me. “I see you went all out on the mixer.”

“Did Oskar agree to you coming here? I mean you’re not single,” I ask her and she smiles. “I told him and he said it’s alright as long as I say that I’m in a relationship.”

“That’s so sweet!” I cooed.

Jackie smiles warmly. “Yeah. I’m lucky to have him.”

If this happened months ago, I would be crushed that Jackie had Oskar, but now I’m fine with it. I mean she’s happy and I’m contented with whatever I have right now.