Book III| Chapter Fourty

Chapter Fourty : Jealous

Valentines. One word. Despair.

As if they couldn't get enough of each other and would proceed to showcase their shallow love towards other people. It's unbearable.

Couples swarming the entire place, making someone like me feel like an intruder. Everywhere is filled with love in the air and I am all but a single person

Curses! Curse people and their romance.

"Ahhhhhh!!!" I wailed, slamming my head against my own desk, then felt the piercing pain throbbing on my forehead which caused my wail to become tenth-fold.

"Shut up!" he screamed on top of my screaming, kicking the leg of my desk violently which made my head bob. "---you're so damn loud in the morning the entire school can hear you!"

"B-but," I cried, facing my head towards the direction of Marco with quivering lips. "---it's Valentines tomorrow. Stupid couples are going to show me how miserable I am."

"That's because you're stupid," he counters and I felt a dagger pierce my head. "--and so un-lady like. How the hell is someone supposed to like you?"

"As if you're any better!" I scowl. "---you're short. And you're brain is worse than an elementary student!"

"You're the stupid one here," he points a finger at me, smirking too arrogantly. "---because you like this short, stupid guy."

My cheeks erupted in a blush. I screeched, stuttering my words. "T-that is out of the question! Y-you dwarf!"

I looked away from his grinning state. "And for the information, I-I don't like you anymore! I'm over it! Over it I tell you!"

He knows I'm lying anyway. But I will lose face if I don't say it. Damn it, Diaz. How dare you use my feelings in your argument. I'll completely lose it!

"Just beg and I'll go with you on a date," he says amusingly, and I could just about imagine his head swelling in arrogance. "---just say you like me and want to go on a date. Then I'll think about it."

"No need for that," a third voice pipes up, then its voice nears close to where I laid up until I could feel another warmth seeping in front of me. "---I'll be taking Star on a date."

I lift my head from the desk and stared at Tom who bent down and flashed a smile at me. "Right?"

I wanted to hug Tom for suddenly arriving. I smiled at him in mischeif. You're a saviour, Tom! "I'd love to."

Then I dart an evil glance at Diaz who pursed his lips. Ha! Two can do that. Tom smiles, obviously getting the situation and clasps his hand. "Then it's settled. How about we go on a date this weekend? I mean tomorrow's going to be crowded by all those people."

"I'm fine with that," I even added a maiden blink. "---I'll be waiting."

Mwahahahahahahahah. See that, Diaz? You lose.

. . .

"You're so petty, Star," Tom says in amusement, staring ahead of him.

We were currently at the rooftop, enjoying the cold breeze and silent tranquil as it was currently free time and we somehow bumped against each other here.

I fiddled with my fingers, something that I do when I'm anxious all of a sudden. "Yeah. I mean he started it. I couldn't back down a fight."

"You know," Tom trails off, then I glanced at him. "---must be nice to be in love."