Book III- Chapter Thirty-Eight

Chapter Thirty-Eight : Feelings Do Get Complicated.

Dedicated to : UNeedToChange
Thank you for the ideas. I'll make sure to use them in the mere future, and I really enjoyed talking with you ❤

(Marco)

     "Need company?"

    I turned my head around to meet Oskar smiling at me with hands tucker under his jeans. He casually heads close, head up high as he stood in front of me.

     He stares above the crystal clear skies which I've been staring for a while now.

      "I don't understand myself right now," I opened up, even though Oskar hasn't said anything than that short greeting.

       "I said to Star that I don't see her as a girlfriend material, but the thought of Tom coming in as he goes infuriates me," I clenched on my fists, my finger sinking deep onto my palm.

       "Am I just being too overprotective on her? Or am I afraid of losing the friendship we've had?"

     "Don't you know the answer to that?" Oskar replied, kicking a random pebble as it bounced off. "--you like Star right? You're making things complicated man."

     "Yeah," I stared down at my shoes that looked dirty and needed some polishing. I nudge a foot up and kicked an invisible dirt. "--I like her. But I don't think she'd be happy with how I am right now."

     "Why so?"

     "It's not enough," I murmured. "---I still can't imagine myself kissing her or doing anything couples do. In the end, I'll just tire her out and make her miserable."

    "It's for the best," I peered a small smile. "---and it's much better if we just become the same comedy duo like we've always been."

    "Are you really satisfied with just that?" Oskar interjected, glancing through mine like he's staring deep into my soul. "---just making fun with each other? Nothing more or less?"

     "That's what I'd like to know," I extended my hand towards the vast skies, shielding my eyes. "--I'm a complicated person, Oskar. I can't admit things. It's just who I am."

      "You do know Tom likes Star," he uttered, his tone laced in urgency. "--and it wouldn't be long before Star might fall for him. That means they'll be a couple and you'd be left behind."

     "Give me a break," I sourly chuckle. "--ugh, I hate this. It's too complicated."

     "You're making it complicated yourself though," he arguably points out. "---just try and date her, see what happens."

       I lightly chuckled, feeling a sweat trickle through my temple. "If only I wasn't short, you know? It's embarrassing enough to stand by her side..and being a couple too?"

     "Just imagine how many people are going to mistake us for siblings or worst--paedophilia because I might be mistaken for an elementary student. Not to mention how I'd look so uncool to be her boyfriend when she's the taller one."