Kill or Kiss Me?! II|SleepOver

Chapter Thirty-
SleepOver

This is the worst birthday..EVER

It wasn't that I took a painful blow by Marco's reaction to my confession (well partly yes)---but the fact that I was supposed to host my party since this was my house and now, I'm here cooped up in my room.

I can't even be bothered to open the damn door because I was too shameful to be confronted and bombarded with questions. Most of all, I didn't want to hear Marco's rejection on my birthday.

What am I supposed to do? I bit my lip in aggravation, turning around in circles on my own room as I paced back and forth with a constipated look on my face.

I realized that my ceilings were getting a bit dirty and that may need some cleaning, but I had more important things to do; like my clothes spreaded across the floor or my stack of homework idling by the desk.

As if the heavens above heard my complains, the door knocks and I froze in spot, my eyes darting glares by the white painted door. It was supposed to be yellow but I used to doodle ugly stick-people as a child and that resulted in getting re-painted.

"Star? Can we come in?" Jackie's voice muttered, hinting a voice of concern.

By we, does  she mean that midget included? I don't answer and instead stay standing in silence, hoping that they'll be tricked into thinking I fell asleep and that they should leave.

I need to stop by the convenience store and hoard all types of junk and shove it in my mouth. Yes, I'm going to binge-eat this heart ache away with some chick-flicks and re-watching La La land for the tenth time.

"Don't even think you can trick us!" Janna's voice boomed in behind the door. "--if you think you can trick us into thinking you're asleep, then you're dead wrong."

I involuntarily coughed, my eyes staring into the door, flabbergasted. How did she..?

"Marco and Oskar left, so don't worry," she added, a grunt laced in her tone. "--open the dang door."

"I'm too embarrassed!" I fussed, leaning my body on the frame on the door. "--you're probably going to laugh because of my idiot---ness."

"You're already an idiot, so don't worry," Janna chuckled.

"That's reassuring of you, Janna," I frown, muttering sarcastically. "--I'm heart broken right now and you're making fun of me."

"Janna's just being a meanie," Jackie piped up. "--but we're here to cheer you up."

I sniffed, feeling my nose clogged up due to my snot. "Really? You're not here to berate me?"

"Oh, no!" Jackie reassures, then I hear a shuffle of cellophane. "--we went by the convenience store and brought a couple of snacks to cheer the birthday girl."

Snacks? I slowly opened my door, peering my head slowly and saw both of their smiles as Jackie lifted the plastic bag, showing the transparent goodies she brought.

"What are you waiting for?" Janna grinned. "--open up! We're having girls day, right now."

I broke into a small smile, and opened the door wide enough for them to enter. "I'm so lucky to have you guys."