Book III| Chapter Fourty-Seven

Chapter  Fourty-Seven : Rocky Road

   9 chapters left! 🎉

       "You're so slow," he murmurs under his breath, staring at me with disdain.

        I slammed the door shut in front of him, then held a hand up my chest. Hold up. What is he doing at my house at seven o' clock in the morning?

      I know that worrying and filling my mind with thoughts and questions wouldn't get me any answers---but still, having him waiting for me at my front door was enough to raise brows and surprise me.

    Then I heaved a sigh, this time more prepared as I flung the door open and blinked, watching him purse his lips as me while he tapped his foot on the ground.

     "Really? Slamming the door in front of my face? How polite of you," he snorted.

     "Why are you here?" I asked, reluctantly stepping outside while closing the door behind me and strolled to where he was.

        "You always like to ask questions, don't you?" he huffed. "---isn't it obvious?"

     "Obvious? I totally don't understand a thing."

    Call me stupid, but I was truly clueless. He can't just expect me to understand how or what he's thinking. It's not like we have telepathy or something else.

         "I'm walking you to school."

    "Really? What's the occasion?"

    Then a horrifying thought popped up my mind. Is he going to..break up with me? Take back what he said? But we barely even lasted a day! Much less than ten hours...so is this it?

  Is this how my love story going to end? I mean I know for a fact more teens now a days only date for fun and some lasts for barely a week, so it's no surprise. But really, is this happening to me too?

    "Why are you so quiet?" he blurted, breaking down the silence that eloped us.

     I bit my fingers, something I do when I get so anxious and it's disgusting, but it's something of like my own instinct. I looked to him in horror. "Please break it down softly."

    He raises a brow. "Break down what?"

      "About what you're going  to say," I fidget, feeling queasy.

       "What the hell are you saying?"

    "You're breaking up with me, right?!" I cried, clutching my hand to his sleeves while he yanked them off with his nose scrunched.

   I get it. You really are.

        "You realized you can't  be with a monster like me, right? That I'm obnoxious,  stupid, unlady like and---"

       He sighs, then lifts his hand  and smacks me on the head. I cried in pain, rubbing the spot where he hit. "Ow! What's that for?!"

    "Smacking you for being stupid," he unhinged his knuckles,  flinging his hand to his side. "--I'm not breaking up with you."

    "Really?"

   "If I did, I wouldn't have asked you in the first place, idiot," he frowned, crossing his arms. "--so, don't get too  stupid, will you?"