Fifty one

You stood in the familiar halls of hogwarts, the walls two shades darker than usual as the candles on the wall barely shine anymore.

Your eyes watched carefully as the person infront of you stepped up the first step, in time with everyone else in their row. The school had changed alot over the past few months, Snape got harsher and harsher as the world got darker.

You took the first step alone with neville and Ginny who stood either side of you, their robes immaculatly clean hiding their normal clothes underneath. You could feel the numbness in everyone, no one seemed to have an ounce of personality left. You felt the exact same way, your heart had grown cold and your mind cloudy.

Draco hadn't wrote back for weeks and you were beginning to wonder if everything was going to turn out okay, you could hear your own heart beat just at the thought of seeing malfoy again.

You felt a cold hand slip into yours as you took yet another unified step, your eyes flicking long enough to see neville was feeling the same way as you. His hand squeezing yours tightly as the three of you continued up the stairs.

Neville had the worst of it, his eyes puffy and swollen from the unfair treatment he'd receive. His lip slit and his cheek sliced. If anyone asked you, you'd say he looked like a baddass which you continuously told him to try and help but no one cared anymore, no one really noticed if you came back to the common room with yet another cut or bruise.

Hogwarts was starting to feel like azkaban.

As your turned the corner into the great hall you felt the warm rush of heat hit you, it was freezing outside and the great hall gave off enough heat to make you feel comfortable.

Earlier that day harry had come back through a painting. He'd come back for a horcux and needed to get to the ravenclaw tower but before anyone could do anything Snape had called all the students to the great hall in the middle of the night.

You remember the smile that fell on your face for the short moment of seeing luna safe and well and finally seeing the trio again.

You stood motionless in the great hall along with all the other students. You could still feel Nevilles hand in yours as he knew how sick this all made you feel. Harry stood inches behind you, his hand on your shoulder as he hid in between the gryffindors.

You listened as Snape began his speach, his long tiresome speach about doing the right thing and turning in Potter. You could feel the anger grow in harry behind you as his hand slipped from your shoulder and before you could stop him, he stood in the middle of the great hall screaming back at Snape.

"how dare you Stand where he stood!" Harry cried, his voice silencing all the whispers that filled the great hall.
"tell them how it happened that night! Tell them how you looked him in the eye! A man who trusted you and killed him! Oh and tell them how you blamed it all on your god daughter! The only family you ever had! Tell them!" You felt neville retreat from you as he went over to the order.

You watched carefully as people began to stare, their wide eyes flickering from you to harry to Snape. It was like they couldn't decide who was more guilty in this moment. The warm feeling of tears rolling down your cheeks brought you back to reality, your eyes fixed on snapes wand that he now held out at harry. You watched as mcgonagall stepped forward pushing Potter aside.

You heard a scream escape your lips as you tried to push through the retreating crowd, Snape hesitating a little before raising his wand again. You screamed again as you watched mcgonagall cast a spell at Snape who repelled it into the carrows.

"STOP DONT HURT HIM!" You cried as harry held onto you to stop you from joining the fight. He held you in his arms as you continued to watch crying in pain as Snape blocked spell after spell. His eyes filled with dread and regret before disappearing out the hall in a rush.

"He's not a bad man!" You cried into Harry's shoulder, hitting his chest lightly. "He's not a bad man!" You repeated. Before you could say it again you spotted Fred and George standing towards the door with their family, something about seeing them after so long made you even more emotional.

They were your brothers, your best friends, your family here at hogwarts. Everything here was a rocky path but the two of them never seemed to stray. As harry finally let you go, you let your legs carry you over to the two of them who happily accepted you into a group hug, their long arms wrapping around your small body. You felt safe here in their arms. You let out a weak cry as they laughed above you.

"God missed us y/n?" Fred asked.

"You have no idea how bad this year has been." You replied smiling softly up at them as George whipped away the stray tears.

"Well we missed you too." He said.

"Guys come on. We've got to get ready!" Harry shouted before running past the order.